Re: vFW Closed Loop - Operational Policy issues in Beijing #policy #usecaseui #kubernetes #install #drools

Jorge Hernandez

I see .. I think the lab installation is not in good state. It may be beyond the policy component, if you cannot ping the "message-router" service, which may be an indication of bigger problems. Check that you can ping it from other locations outside the brmsgw container, to see if it is a general problem. Verify that the message-router service shows with "kubectl get services ..".

With regards to the POLICY-1097 fix, it only affects the oom beijing branch, so was only submitted there. The master branch should be ok for Casablanca in that regard. You could patch your oom/kubernetes beijing install or pull the latest changes from git - oom beijing branch, then as usual, do the "make all" to make sure your helm charts are updated/

From policy standpoint, I suggest to start with clean data, and make sure first, every component can talk to each other including the message-router before doing the push-policies.sh. The /dockerdata-nfs/<release>/mariadb and /dockerdata-nfs/<release>/nexus directories (PVs) contain policy specific data, and I think safe to remove previous to do a helm upgrade/install to pick up the latest changes mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Hope it helps.
Jorge

-----Original Message-----
From: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-discuss@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Cristina Precup via Lists.Onap.Org
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:59 AM
To: onap-discuss@lists.onap.org
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] vFW Closed Loop - Operational Policy issues in Beijing #kubernetes #policy #drools #dcaegen2 #install #usecaseui

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I did go through the wiki page that you are mentioning. Here is the overview in short:

- Healthcheck: PDP and PAP are unreachable
- Policy healthcheck fails
- There is no default group in the PDP Tab of the Policy UI
- brmsgw cannot ping nexus, drools and message-router

I understand that the POLICY-1097 fix has been applied in the Casablanca release. Would you suggest taking the changes as a patch into Beijing? What would be the recommended approach here?

Best regards,
--
Cristina Precup