Re: python logging library #log #multicloud #oof #python

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>

Tony,

   Sorry I missed this particular mail. And thank you for your input on the Dublin scope meeting today - https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Dublin+Scope

   For python support in logging – unfortunately I do not have time lately to expand the work we are doing in Java to Python – and the above scope will likely have 50% of the epics as stretch goals for dublin.

   However, the multivim/multicloud team did contribute their pylog library early in Casablanca.

   What I have on this pylog library is to be filed in below

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Developer+Guide#LoggingDeveloperGuide-Python:pylogLibrary

   Shankar of OOF asked the same python support question below

   We should as you suggest bring together all the teams in onap that run python based containers around a common library – like we are planning to do for portal/sdk.

https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/topic/logging_python_logging/25307286?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25307286

 Michael O'Brien

Sep 10   #12340

 Hi, good question.  The Multivim/multicloud team (Liang Ke) developed and pushed the python version of the library with MDC.  The python3 and MARKER(label) support was pushed this week.

   I would recommend using their library that they deploy to their 4 multicloud python containers in OOM – we also need a RI demo for python3 to add to our java based container in https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-kubernetes to be able to point to.

   See recent changes from Liang - appreciated

Python3

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/64361/

Markers

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/64933/

   We can work together with the rest of the consumers of the overall spec using various local level 1 libraries (Acumos AT&T/TechMahindra also have python containers, SO, DCAE, Portal/SDK, AAI – java based) to see whether we can leverage the pylog library to goto level 2 for non-java containers.

Spec page

Logback.xml standard (in progress) https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/62405/

Spec and documentation

https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28378955