(Bcc'd to onap-discuss)
This is just an FYI at this time- There is currently no action for you to take beyond replying to meeting invites.
For more than a year the community has requested management of the ONAP calendar. I will be working on meeting requests almost exclusively for the rest of today and probably most of the weekend. This includes changes related to the items on the bullet list below.
- I have a massive backlog of outstanding meeting update requests. I know that some of the dates have already passed for some of these. If you have been inconvenienced by this, my apologies.
- I discovered on Wednesday that all of the original distribution lists were removed when the ONAP G-Cal was moved outside of the LF firewall. Many of the updates/cancellations that I have made and pushed over the past month were not actually sent out as invites. All 50+ of our weekly meetings will be updated and corrected.
- To complete the transition of the ONAP calendar to the community, the following changes to calendar management are being undertaken:
- I will continue to manage the calendar/zoom for TSC meetings and DDF events as I have always done.
- All subcommittee Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and Community Coordinators will be granted calendar access and shall be responsible for the ownership of their own meetings, including the responsibility for any zoom changes that may be required for their meetings.
- PTLs with more than one meeting a week will be granted calendar access and shall be responsible for the ownership of their own meetings, including the responsibility for any zoom changes that may be required for their meetings.
- The calendar function in groups.io will be used going forward which has a number of benefits due to its integration with the mailing lists.
i. The TSC, Subcommittees and any projects with their own mailing list will utilize the calendar function within that associated list.
ii. For the remaining meetings, the calendar function within the onap-discuss list will be used.
iii. All of these will be subscribed to by the onap calendar on the wiki for a single consolidated view of all meetings
iv. The ONAP G-Cal will be retired
All of the above will be documented, linked in the wiki and socialized, with HOW-TOs available, before I turn over the responsibility to the community. The hand off goal is Nov. 19th.
- Xu Yang, Michael O'Brien and any additional volunteers as well as PTLs with multiple meetings will be added as moderators to onap-discuss for the purpose of calendar management exclusively. (All standard moderator notifications will be disabled for these individuals)
- A new mailing list for calendar support requests will be created to which the community calendar managers will be subscribed
I am sure that some of you have questions, if you do, please ask them here so that I can simply transition it into an FAQ.
Have a great weekend!
Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone