Re: [appc] questions about configuration storage

Srini

Thank you Amar and Taka on the email thread.

I have few further questions.

APPC has ‘Configure’ and ‘ConfigModify’ LCM commands.  Based on documentation I see,  if multiple ‘Configure’ commands are issued, last ‘Configure’ configuration-parameters are used as each command replaces the old configuration with the configuration of the command.  ‘ConfigModify” – Is this meant for incremental configuration? If so, does APPC maintain various versions of configuration?  During scale-out, when new VM is instantiated, does APPC configure the new VM instances with the consolidated configuration without any human intervention?

When incremental configuration is made (via ConfigModify), does APPC send incremental configuration to all existing VM instances?

Also, does it send only incremental configuration or does it send consolidated configuration to each of existing VM instances?

Thanks

Srini