From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Srini
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:48 AM
To: BULLARD, GIL <wb5674@...>; onap-discuss@...; Multanen, Eric W <eric.w.multanen@...>
Cc: LU, TINGTING <tl2062@...>; FREEMAN, BRIAN D <bf1936@...>; SMOKOWSKI, STEVEN <ss835w@...>; SONSINO, OFIR <ofir.sonsino@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [SO] vfModule model IDs - what are they all for?

Hi Gil and Ting,

Thank you so much for this response. We were trying to find the right documentation to understand these concepts for a while.  Thanks for the pointers to the detailed documents. Will try to understand more with internal team and get back if there are any questions.

One set of questions though J

I see VNF and VFM terminology. Are they both same in SDC?  In your email, you referred VNF and hence the question.

Also, there is one more term VSP (Vendor Software Package) in SDC. How does onboarding of VSP manifest as VNF or VFM?

Again, any simple explanation of these terms (VSP, VNF, VFM) and how they are related to each other is really appreciated.

Thanks

Srini