Re: [appc] questions about configuration storage

Srini

Thank you Taka and Marco.

Incremental configuration involves

-        Adding new entries/records

-        Deleting existing entries/records

-        Modifying the parameters of existing records.

Marco has given an example (adding vDNS entries in vLB) of adding new entries. I guess ‘deletion’ is also obvious from this example.

Taka confirmed that it is possible to modify the existing record parameters.

So, I will take it that ‘ConfigModify’ is for incremental configuration from ONAP user perspective.

One of the Amar’s question is related to merging of configurations.  Based on Marco’s response, APPC works with device/VNFC by sending  the new additional configuration via netconf edit-config, which is used by device to merge the configuration.   But, does the APPC also store merged configuration locally? I would assume so, as APPC need to send the merged configuration in case of VMs that come up in future due to scale-out. This is to ensure that all scaled-out VMs have same configuration among them.  Is that right assumption? Assuming that, that assumption is correct, does APPC merges the configuration using local logic or does APPC get the merged configuration from the device/VNFC?

Thanks

Srini

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of Srini <srinivasa.r.addepalli@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 at 11:51 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>, "CHO, TAKAMUNE" <tc012c@...>, "akapadia@..." <akapadia@...>

Thank you Amar and Taka on the email thread.

I have few further questions.

APPC has ‘Configure’ and ‘ConfigModify’ LCM commands.  Based on documentation I see,  if multiple ‘Configure’ commands are issued, last ‘Configure’ configuration-parameters are used as each command replaces the old configuration with the configuration of the command.  ‘ConfigModify” – Is this meant for incremental configuration? If so, does APPC maintain various versions of configuration?  During scale-out, when new VM is instantiated, does APPC configure the new VM instances with the consolidated configuration without any human intervention?

When incremental configuration is made (via ConfigModify), does APPC send incremental configuration to all existing VM instances?

Also, does it send only incremental configuration or does it send consolidated configuration to each of existing VM instances?

Thanks

Srini