FW: Velero-Heptio clarifications

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>

Moving to the wider public group

From: "ANNE, SWAPNA" <sa9226@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at 07:07
To: Michael O'Brien <Frank.Obrien@...>, Vaibhav Chopra <Vaibhav.Chopra@...>
Cc: "VENKATESH KUMAR, VIJAY" <vv770d@...>, "ACHARYA, SHRIKANT" <sa8763@...>, "DESHMUKH, KAILAS" <kd046m@...>, "HU, JUN NICOLAS" <jh245g@...>
Subject: RE: Velero-Heptio clarifications

Hi Vaibhav/Michael,

Are you right contacts from ONAP? If yes, could you please respond. Thank you.

I was able to install 0.11.0 Valero successfully. Ran few tests on backup and restore and looks good at namespace level objects. Having trouble taking backup of PVC. I also integrated with Restic to take PVC backup and see Restic controller running fine.  I’ve done annotations for storage volumes and followed the documentation, but, failing to take backup only when we have PVC.  We are using gluster/heketi solution for our cluster. Restic supposed to take backup of almost any type of Kubernetes volume regardless of the underlying storage provider. Were you able to get PV backups working with Restic?

Swapna