From: <onap-arc@...> on behalf of Srini <srinivasa.r.addepalli@...>
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 11:55 AM
To: "gil.bullard@..." <gil.bullard@...>
Cc: "onap-arc@..." <onap-arc@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: [E] [Onap-arc] Shared VNFs and Services

Hi,

As  I understand from Tuesday architecture meeting that Networking slicing is one use case for Shared VNFs.  In some cases, each slice would have dedicated VNF instances and in some cases, there are shared VNFs and shared PNFs.  I understand from your presentation on how to represent the shared VNF in the model (during design time). What I did not see is on how the consumer would request for the VNF to be dedicated or use the shared one Or is it that if the VNF is onboarded as ‘shared’, is it always shared?

Reason for asking is this:

  • In network slicing, there is a possibility that a given VNF is sharable only across set of network slices.  For example, network slices belonging to an Enterprise can share the VNF, but not with network slices of other Enterprises.

How does designers/administrator provide the access control information on the sharing aspect?

Thanks
Srini