From: Jorge Hernandez via Lists.Onap.Org <jorge.hernandez-herrero=att.com@...>
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 4:00 PM
To: Kenneth Lehner <K.Lehner-contractor@...>; onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Invoking VNF REST API call as result of closed CL? #controlloop

Hi Ken,

The scenario that you described looks very similar to the vFirewall usecase.   May be you  know already, but take a look at the scripts that Brian F. put together for automating the scenario in the testsuite/ repo, closed-loop.robot.   Take also a look at the readthedocs vfirewall use case description, it may also shed some insight.

You can see an example of the modify-config policy here:   https://git.onap.org/policy/models/tree/models-examples/src/main/resources/policies/vFirewall.policy.operational.input.tosca.json.

The payload is the section that I think you are interested in changing, in theory I think it is passthrough.   I don't think this functionality has been tested much besides vfirewall use case, but I think in theory should work.

If you have the DCAE part right, you should start seeing ONSET messages in policy-drools-pdp-0 container, look under $POLICY_LOGS/network.log, that would give you an indication that that leg is working ok.

Best,
Jorge