Date   

Re: [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

Michael Lando
 

Not today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BR,

 

Michael Lando

 

AT&T Network Application Development · NetCom  

Tel Aviv | Tampa | Atlanta | New Jersey |Chicago

···········································································

Office: +972 (3) 5451487

Mobile: +972 (54) 7833603

e-mail: Michael.Lando@...

 

From: Singh Kalra, Mandeep <mandeep.singh.kalra@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2018 07:09
To: Lando,Michael <ml636r@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

Thanks Michael.

 

My question is if I create a tosca template from SDC design studio, and then download the tosca artifact.

Can I import the same tosca template on some other ONAP instance ?

 

 

 

Regards

Mandeep

 

From: Lando,Michael [mailto:ml636r@...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:29 AM
To: Singh Kalra, Mandeep <mandeep.singh.kalra@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [External] RE: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

If I understand the question correctly they you want to add an artifact to one of the models in sdc.

 

This option is available from the ui interface you can choose to add a deploy meant artifact based on the versions available the.

 

Once add it will be distributed with our package.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BR,

 

Michael Lando

 

AT&T Network Application Development · NetCom  

Tel Aviv | Tampa | Atlanta | New Jersey |Chicago

···········································································

Office: +972 (3) 5451487

Mobile: +972 (54) 7833603

e-mail: Michael.Lando@...

 

From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Mandeep Singh Kalra
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 14:33
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

Hi,
       Is this import functionality available in r2 ?
       How can I add a script, for eg cloud init inside VF on SDC ?


Regards
Mandeep

 



This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com


Re: [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

Shubhada
 

Hi Jimmy,

 

This is working. Thank You for the help. J

 

Regards,

Shubhada

From: FORSYTH, JAMES <jf2512@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 1:00 AM
To: Shubhada Ramkrishna Vaze <SV00449682@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi, Shubhada,

 

When you do the PUT it should be unwrapped – the whole contents of the file should be:

 

{

                                "global-customer-id": "Demonstration",

                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_ServiceInstance_4",

                                "service-type": "vFW",

                                "metadata":{

                                   "metadatum": [

                                                   {

 

                                                                "metaname": " someName ",

                                                                "metaval": " someVal"

                                                   }

                                    ]

                               

                   }

}

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

From: Shubhada Ramkrishna Vaze <SV00449682@...>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 5:14 AM
To: "FORSYTH, JAMES" <jf2512@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi Jimmy ,

 

Thanks, I was trying with wrong payload.

Now I tried creating new service instance with below payload. Service instance is created but when I try to get service instance details with depth query parameter, I am not getting metadata back.

 

The observation is if I create service instance, add metadata later and then try to get details, I get metadata back.

 

API Used:

PUT  <AAI_IP>/aai/v11/business/customers/customer/Demonstration/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/vFW /service-instances/service-instance/0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6

Body:

{

                "service-instance": [{

                                "global-customer-id": "Demonstration",

                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_ServiceInstance_4",

                                "service-type": "vFW",

                                "metadata":{

                                   "metadatum": [

                                                   {

 

                                                                "metaname": " someName ",

                                                                "metaval": " someVal"

                                                   }

                                    ]

                               

                   }

                }]

}

 

GET <AAI_IP>/aai/v11/business/customers/customer/Demonstration/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/vFW /service-instances/service-instance/0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6?depth=1

Response:

{

    "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

    "resource-version": "1530516163518"

}

 

 

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhada

From: FORSYTH, JAMES <jf2512@...>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 7:02 PM
To: Shubhada Ramkrishna Vaze <SV00449682@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi, Shubhada,

 

Two things – 1) this is how the metadata block should look.

 

   "metadata": {

        "metadatum": [

            {

                "metaname": "example-metaname-val-23573",

                "metaval": "example-metaval-val-72274"

            }

        ]

    },

 

2) make sure you set the depth query parameter.  In this case, GET /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}?depth=1

 

Depth=1 means give me the object at this level and its immediate descendants.

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

 

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of Shubhada <SV00449682@...>
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018 at 3:05 AM
To: "
onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi,

 

We are trying to create a new service instance with some metadata by invoking AAI API. The instance gets created. But when we try to get service instance details, we are not getting metadata back.

 

Can anyone please suggest if anything is wrong in below PUT API ? Thanks in Advance.

 

API used: PUT /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}

Body:

{

    "service-instance": [

        {

                                                "global-customer-id":"TechM_Cust",

                                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-8888-8882-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_vFW_ServiceInstance_2",

                                                "service-type":"vFW",

                                                "metadatum":{

                                                [

                                                                {

                                                                                "metaname":"someName",

                                                                                "metaval":"someValue"

                                                                }

                                                ]

                                                }         

        }

    ]

}

 

GET /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}

 

 

Regards,

Shubhada

============================================================================================================================

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

============================================================================================================================


Re: [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

Mandeep Singh Kalra
 

Thanks Michael.

 

My question is if I create a tosca template from SDC design studio, and then download the tosca artifact.

Can I import the same tosca template on some other ONAP instance ?

 

 

 

Regards

Mandeep

 

From: Lando,Michael [mailto:ml636r@...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 12:29 AM
To: Singh Kalra, Mandeep <mandeep.singh.kalra@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [External] RE: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

If I understand the question correctly they you want to add an artifact to one of the models in sdc.

 

This option is available from the ui interface you can choose to add a deploy meant artifact based on the versions available the.

 

Once add it will be distributed with our package.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BR,

 

Michael Lando

 

AT&T Network Application Development · NetCom  

Tel Aviv | Tampa | Atlanta | New Jersey |Chicago

···········································································

Office: +972 (3) 5451487

Mobile: +972 (54) 7833603

e-mail: Michael.Lando@...

 

From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Mandeep Singh Kalra
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 14:33
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

Hi,
       Is this import functionality available in r2 ?
       How can I add a script, for eg cloud init inside VF on SDC ?


Regards
Mandeep




This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. Your privacy is important to us. Accenture uses your personal data only in compliance with data protection laws. For further information on how Accenture processes your personal data, please see our privacy statement at https://www.accenture.com/us-en/privacy-policy.
______________________________________________________________________________________

www.accenture.com


Re: 答复: Re: [onap-discuss] ONAP HOLMES issue

Guangrong Fu
 

Chaitanya,


Sorry that I failed to locate any "Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API" related error in the log files. There's only one record regarding the rule deployment operation and the result is "success".


I suggest you to retry it with the check point I sent to you in the previous email first and if there's still errors, send me the latest logs, please.


Let me know if there's still problems or questions.


Regards,

Guangrong





原始邮件
发件人:ChaitanyaReddyPullareddygari <CP00523083@...>
收件人:付光荣10144542;
抄送人:Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...>
日 期 :2018年07月02日 20:25
主 题 :Re: [onap-discuss] ONAP HOLMES issue

Hi Guangrong,

 

Thank you very much for your response. Please find attached the logs from both the rule-mgmt and engine-mgmt dockers.

 

1.       Please note that I only notices the “Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API” error with the new Beijing release of Holmes. With earlier Amsterdam  I never faced this issue.

2.       PFA some screen shots of alarms and rule in Postgres DB. Also below is the exact rule (simplified version from the wiki page) and the rules I am trying.  I have simplified them in order to see some straight forward result removing dependency on AAI and DMaaP.  I have tried with the actual rule and and alarms available in the wiki page https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16002659 but dint get any result  either/

 

From: fu.guangrong@... <fu.guangrong@...>
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 4:30 PM
To: Chaitanya Reddy Pullareddygari <CP00523083@...>
Cc: Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject:
答复: ONAP HOLMES issue

 

Hi Chaitanya,

 

To address the problems you mentioned below, I need more information:

 

1.    For the "Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API" error, the message you provided is too anbiguous. It's better you send the complete error stack or go to /var/log/ONAP/holmes/zip  of the rule management docker, collect all the log files under that and send them back to me.

2.    The rules and alarms are always supposed to be stored in the DB unless an explicit command is executed to remove the rule(s) or any abating alarms are received from  DMaaP. I don't know how to reproduce such kind of errors. Could you please give me more details, such as the steps to reproduce them.

3.    In order to generate correlation among alarms, you have to modify the rule or the alarms to make them match each other. Further more, you have to ensure that the rules  are deployed into the Drools engine successfully.

4.    As for other errors you high lighted below, they are false positives. The cause of the problems is that DCAE is not deployed. Since you're not using HOLMES as a DCAE  application, you don't have to care about them. This will be optimized in R3.

Best Regards,

Guangrong

 

 

 

 

原始邮件

发件人:ChaitanyaReddyPullareddygari <CP00523083@...>

收件人:付光荣10144542;

抄送人:Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>

20180702  17:49

ONAP HOLMES issue

Hello Guangrong,

 

How are you doing? Hope this email finds you well.

 

I am hoping that you could help me resolve an issue I have been facing with HOLMES. I have tries both Amsterdam and Beijing versions and I am facing the same issue with both. I  suspect I may be doing something wrong.

 

I am trying to run HOLMES In stand alone mode following the steps detailed in the https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16002659 page. I ran this with Beijing release of HOLMES in the hope that it would have fixed the issue i was facing earlier. But unfortunately  i still face the same issue as before. Below is the error  i get. 

With Beijing release i am also facing the issue of posting the rule to rule-engine. Some times it throws "Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API"   error. If i rebuild the dockers then it will work again. 

Also, the rules and alarms seem to disappear from the Postgres DB after a while. I am not sure if this is designed this way or if its an error. 

 

Are the rules supposed to be posted to engine-mgmt docker as well? I dont see any thing happenning once the alarms are posted to DMaaP. i could see the alarms reaching the engine-mgmt   and getting saved to DB from the debug log. But no correlation happening after that. 

 

Can you please provide any help? 

 

2018-07-02 08:05:01 179 INFO [org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.ExecutorProviders][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Selected ExecutorServiceProvider implementation   [org.glassfish.jersey.client.DefaultClientAsyncExecutorProvider] to be used for injection of executor qualified by [org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientAsyncExecutor] annotation.
2018-07-02 08:05:01 180 INFO [org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Restricted headers are not enabled using [sun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders]   system property (setting only takes effect on connections created after the property has been set/changed).
2018-07-02 08:05:01 181 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_130,132,1165322451)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 181 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_130,132,1165322451) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 182 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_126,128,446674383)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 183 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_126,128,446674383) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 190 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_127,129,1897294039)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 190 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_127,129,1897294039) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 189 WARN [org.onap.holmes.common.config.MicroServiceConfig][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - URI is not absolute

javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: URI is not absolute
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientRuntime.invoke(ClientRuntime.java:264)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$1.call(JerseyInvocation.java:684)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$1.call(JerseyInvocation.java:681)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:228)
at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:444)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation.invoke(JerseyInvocation.java:681)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$Builder.method(Jer

 

 

2018-07-02 07:49:01 195 INFO [org.onap.holmes.common.config.MicroServiceConfig][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - The query url is:   null/service_component/10.53.172.137:9101. The corresponding configurations are null
2018-07-02 07:49:01 195 ERROR [org.onap.holmes.rulemgt.dcae.DcaeConfigurationPolling][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Failed to fetch DCAE configurations. Can not resolve configurations from DCAE. The configuration string is empty.

org.onap.holmes.common.exception.CorrelationException: Can not resolve configurations from DCAE. The configuration string is empty.
at org.onap.holmes.common.dcae.utils.DcaeConfigurationParser.parse(DcaeConfigurationParser.java:40)
at org.onap.holmes.common.dcae.DcaeConfigurationQuery.getDcaeConfigurations(DcaeConfigurationQuery.java:28)
at org.onap.holmes.rulemgt.dcae.DcaeConfigurationPolling.run(DcaeConfigurationPolling.java:69)

 

 

 

Regards,

Chaitanya

============================================================================================================================

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you  may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

============================================================================================================================

 



Re: 答复: RE: ONAP HOLMES issue

Guangrong Fu
 

Chaitanya,


There are two points you should pay attention to.


  • In the Beijing release, the APIs of Holmes have changed a little. The contents of your request should be in camel-case format, which means you have to change the field name "ruleid" and "loopcontrolname" into "ruleId" and "loopControlName". This is the cause of the 400 error.


  • To establish a certain correlation between two alarms, several conditions should be met:

    • the difference of startEpochMicrosec of the parent alarm and the child alarm should be within 60s (according to the rule you provided). This seems to be pretty much ok because the difference of startEpochMicrosec of the two alarms you attached is 0.

    • please make sure that the sources(sourceId or sourceName) of both alarms are topologically correlated. I mean, there should be a certain correlation between "example-vserver-name-val-5470" and "example-vnf-name-val-94632" in A&AI.

    • the eventName field of both alarms should be in accordance with that in the rule (the "specificProblem" property). In your attachment, the eventName "Fault_IMSSBC_Backup MPU is down" of the child alarm is different from "Backup MPU is abnormal" which is written in the rule.

I hope it helps.


BR,

Guangrong





原始邮件
发件人:ChaitanyaReddyPullareddygari <CP00523083@...>
收件人:付光荣10144542;
抄送人:Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...>Sangeeth G <SG00542754@...>
日 期 :2018年07月02日 19:31
主 题 :RE: ONAP HOLMES issue

Apologies. Forgot to add the rule and alarms I am using. PFA the rule and alarms.

 

Also, how can I ensure the rule is successfully deployed to the drools engine. I assume drools engine is same as engine-mgmt docker. I tried to invoke the below  API, but I get an 400 “ Unable to process JSON” error.

 

curl -X PUT "https://10.53.172.142/api/holmes-engine-mgmt/v1/rule" -H "accept: application/json" -H "content-type: application/json"  -d "{\t\"content\": \"package org.onap.holmes.droolsRule;\\import org.onap.holmes.common.dmaap.DmaapService;\import org.onap.holmes.common.api.stat.VesAlarm;\import org.onap.holmes.common.aai.CorrelationUtil;\import  org.onap.holmes.common.dmaap.entity.PolicyMsg;\import org.onap.holmes.common.dropwizard.ioc.utils.ServiceLocatorHolder;\import org.onap.holmes.common.utils.DroolsLog;\ \\rule \\\"Relation_analysis_Rule\\\"\salience 200\no-loop true\ when\ $root : VesAlarm(alarmIsCleared  == 0,\ $sourceId: sourceId, sourceId != null && !sourceId.equals(\\\"\\\"),\\\t\\t\\t$sourceName: sourceName, sourceName != null && !sourceName.equals(\\\"\\\"),\\\t\\t\\t$startEpochMicrosec: startEpochMicrosec,\ specificProblem in (\\\"Fault_MultiCloud_VMFailure\\\"),\  $eventId: eventId)\ $child : VesAlarm( eventId != $eventId, parentId == null,\ specificProblem in (\\\"Backup MPU is abnormal\\\"),\ startEpochMicrosec < $startEpochMicrosec + 60000 && startEpochMicrosec > $startEpochMicrosec - 60000 )\ then\\\t\\t$child.setParentId($root.getEventId());\\\t\\tupdate($child);\\\t\\t\end\",\t\"engineid\":  \"rule_1530517745601\",\t\"loopcontrolname\": \"TestLoop\"}"

 

Regards,

Chaitanya

 

 

 

From: Chaitanya Reddy Pullareddygari
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 4:53 PM
To: 'fu.guangrong@...' <fu.guangrong@...>
Cc: Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: RE: ONAP HOLMES issue

 

Hi Guangrong,

 

Thank you very much for your response. Please find attached the logs from both the rule-mgmt and engine-mgmt dockers.

 

1.       Please note that I only notices the “Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API” error with the new Beijing release of Holmes. With earlier Amsterdam  I never faced this issue.

2.       PFA some screen shots of alarms and rule in Postgres DB. Also below is the exact rule (simplified version from the wiki page) and the rules I am trying.  I have simplified them in order to see some straight forward result removing dependency on AAI and DMaaP.  I have tried with the actual rule and and alarms available in the wiki page https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16002659 but dint get any result  either/

 

From: fu.guangrong@... <fu.guangrong@...>
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2018 4:30 PM
To: Chaitanya Reddy Pullareddygari <CP00523083@...>
Cc: Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject:
答复: ONAP HOLMES issue

 

Hi Chaitanya,

 

To address the problems you mentioned below, I need more information:

 

1.    For the "Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API" error, the message you provided is too anbiguous. It's better you send the complete error stack or go to /var/log/ONAP/holmes/zip  of the rule management docker, collect all the log files under that and send them back to me.

2.    The rules and alarms are always supposed to be stored in the DB unless an explicit command is executed to remove the rule(s) or any abating alarms are received from  DMaaP. I don't know how to reproduce such kind of errors. Could you please give me more details, such as the steps to reproduce them.

3.    In order to generate correlation among alarms, you have to modify the rule or the alarms to make them match each other. Further more, you have to ensure that the rules  are deployed into the Drools engine successfully.

4.    As for other errors you high lighted below, they are false positives. The cause of the problems is that DCAE is not deployed. Since you're not using HOLMES as a DCAE  application, you don't have to care about them. This will be optimized in R3.

Best Regards,

Guangrong

 

 

 

 

原始邮件

发件人:ChaitanyaReddyPullareddygari <CP00523083@...>

收件人:付光荣10144542;

抄送人:Anandadas Patki <AP00527424@...>

20180702  17:49

ONAP HOLMES issue

Hello Guangrong,

 

How are you doing? Hope this email finds you well.

 

I am hoping that you could help me resolve an issue I have been facing with HOLMES. I have tries both Amsterdam and Beijing versions and I am facing the same issue with both. I  suspect I may be doing something wrong.

 

I am trying to run HOLMES In stand alone mode following the steps detailed in the https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16002659 page. I ran this with Beijing release of HOLMES in the hope that it would have fixed the issue i was facing earlier. But unfortunately  i still face the same issue as before. Below is the error  i get. 

With Beijing release i am also facing the issue of posting the rule to rule-engine. Some times it throws "Failed to call the rule verification RESTful API"   error. If i rebuild the dockers then it will work again. 

Also, the rules and alarms seem to disappear from the Postgres DB after a while. I am not sure if this is designed this way or if its an error. 

 

Are the rules supposed to be posted to engine-mgmt docker as well? I dont see any thing happenning once the alarms are posted to DMaaP. i could see the alarms reaching the engine-mgmt   and getting saved to DB from the debug log. But no correlation happening after that. 

 

Can you please provide any help? 

 

2018-07-02 08:05:01 179 INFO [org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.ExecutorProviders][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Selected ExecutorServiceProvider implementation   [org.glassfish.jersey.client.DefaultClientAsyncExecutorProvider] to be used for injection of executor qualified by [org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientAsyncExecutor] annotation.
2018-07-02 08:05:01 180 INFO [org.glassfish.jersey.client.internal.HttpUrlConnector][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Restricted headers are not enabled using [sun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders]   system property (setting only takes effect on connections created after the property has been set/changed).
2018-07-02 08:05:01 181 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_130,132,1165322451)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 181 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_130,132,1165322451) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 182 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_126,128,446674383)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 183 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_126,128,446674383) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 190 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Shutdown ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_127,129,1897294039)
2018-07-02 08:05:01 190 DEBUG [org.jvnet.hk2.logger][Finalizer] invocationID:{InvocationID} - ServiceLocator ServiceLocatorImpl(__HK2_Generated_127,129,1897294039) has been shutdown
2018-07-02 08:05:01 189 WARN [org.onap.holmes.common.config.MicroServiceConfig][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - URI is not absolute

javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: URI is not absolute
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.ClientRuntime.invoke(ClientRuntime.java:264)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$1.call(JerseyInvocation.java:684)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$1.call(JerseyInvocation.java:681)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:315)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:297)
at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors.process(Errors.java:228)
at org.glassfish.jersey.process.internal.RequestScope.runInScope(RequestScope.java:444)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation.invoke(JerseyInvocation.java:681)
at org.glassfish.jersey.client.JerseyInvocation$Builder.method(Jer

 

 

2018-07-02 07:49:01 195 INFO [org.onap.holmes.common.config.MicroServiceConfig][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - The query url is:   null/service_component/10.53.172.137:9101. The corresponding configurations are null
2018-07-02 07:49:01 195 ERROR [org.onap.holmes.rulemgt.dcae.DcaeConfigurationPolling][pool-3-thread-1] invocationID:{InvocationID} - Failed to fetch DCAE configurations. Can not resolve configurations from DCAE. The configuration string is empty.

org.onap.holmes.common.exception.CorrelationException: Can not resolve configurations from DCAE. The configuration string is empty.
at org.onap.holmes.common.dcae.utils.DcaeConfigurationParser.parse(DcaeConfigurationParser.java:40)
at org.onap.holmes.common.dcae.DcaeConfigurationQuery.getDcaeConfigurations(DcaeConfigurationQuery.java:28)
at org.onap.holmes.rulemgt.dcae.DcaeConfigurationPolling.run(DcaeConfigurationPolling.java:69)

 

 

 

Regards,

Chaitanya

============================================================================================================================

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you  may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

============================================================================================================================

 



Re: [multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

Kenny Paul
 

coolness. I'l nuke it. :-)

 

 

Thanks!

-kenny

 

 

 

From: "HU, BIN" <bh526r@...>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 2:59 PM
To: Kenny Paul <kpaul@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: RE: [multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

 

Kenny,

 

Friday’s meeting is already obsolete / inactive.

 

Thanks

Bin

 

From: onap-discuss@... [mailto:onap-discuss@...] On Behalf Of Kenny Paul
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 12:46 PM
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] [multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

 

 

On the ONAP calendar I have the multicloud meeting regularly set for Mondays @ 17:00 pacific on private zoom bridge https://zoom.us/j/9057041886

 

In our Zoom account I also show a reoccurring multicloud meeting scheduled for Fridays @ 05:00 pacific on ONAP3 https://zoom.us/j/587662385.

This 2nd meeting is not on the ONAP calendar, so I'm guessing that it is just something I forgot to clean up after a previous change.

 

Can someone from the team verify whether the Friday meeting is active or not?

 

Thanks!

 

 

Best Regards, 
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kpaul@..., 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone

 

 


[LOG] Self-nomination for PTL of Logging and Analytics Project

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>
 

ONAP Community, enthusiasts and ONAP TSC,

 

I nominate myself for the role of PTL for the Logging and Analytics Project (LOG).

I have 13 months experience working on ONAP since I started with Amdocs 13 months ago and 9 months as the Logging PTL during the last 2 releases – I also continue to work very closely with the Amdocs/Bell committers of the OOM project (in which we all deploy)

 

Previous opensource experience:

  • 42 months experience working at Oracle on the opensource Oracle/SUN/SAP JSR-317 JPA2 project – 2007-2011
  • 18 months on the Oracle JSR-235 OXM project - 2006-2007
  • 6 months assisting with the recent Neo4J 2.3 release via Nokia - 2016

 

As mandated by ONAP process, PTL elections must be held at least once a year – see the current Casablanca process in https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Annual+Community+Elections and https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Voting+Results+History

 

See the PTL election mail prior to this on at https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/topic/log_ptl_election_for/23007138?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,23007138

 

Some history on the last 20171123 PTL vote – https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Michael+O%27Brien+PTL+vote+notes presented 20171130 - confirmed 20180125 - https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/TSC+2018-01-25

 

My intention is to continue working as the PTL for the logging project at least for this year until Casablanca is delivered – I have been officially the PTL since Jan 2018 and unofficially 3 months before that.

The logging project PTL vote for Amsterdam was last July 2017, there was an official PTL change this Jan for Beijing.

 

I have overseen the project during the Beijing release and for part of the Amsterdam release – with the assistance of Luke Parker

The project has reached the point where the use of a the spec defined library, demo deployment and log adherence work is going well in support of a very good push for overall S3P, Security, performance, pluggability and hybrid deployment set of stories – primarily with our AT&T contributors can be implemented and completed.

 

Exceptional assistance for project direction, implementation and general governance has been provided by Luke Parker, Avdhut Kholkar and Lee Breslau

In the runup to the Casablanca release I have received excellent help, commits, review, jira raising/priority, spec edits/finalization, implementation, adherence help and general product direction/scope/use-case-validation from the extended logging team including

Shishir Thakore, Jun Nicolas Hu, Spondon Dey, Sanjay Agraharam, Dave Williamson, Vitaly Lavrusevich, Shane Daniel Neal Chatterley, Doug Kedrosky, J.Ram Balasubramanian, Liang Ke

 

I would also like to thank the early committers to the seed code up until Amsterdam

Pranav Dixit, Vidya Shinde, Vaibhav Jain, Anuj Kapoor, Eric Debeau, Alka Choudhary

 

And the assistance we receive from Gildas Lanilis, Kenny Paul, Jessica Wagantall

And the assistance from several PTLs including Jimmy Forsyth,  Michael Lando,  Lusheng Ji, Seshu, Pamela Dragosh, Xinhui Li, Stephen Terrill, Alla Goldner, Chris Donley

 

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


[LOG] PTL Election for Logging-analytics

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>
 

Logging-analytics Committers,

 

As mandated by ONAP process, PTL elections must be held at least once a year – see the current Casablanca process in https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Annual+Community+Elections

 

My intention is to continue working as the PTL for the logging project at least for this year until Casablanca is delivered – I have been officially the PTL since Jan 2018 and unofficially 3 months before that.

 

If any of the our other 3 committers (there are plans to add 2-3x the number of committers in the queue) would like to take on the full PTL role they are also welcome.

 

Dates:

 

Some history on the last 20171123 PTL vote – https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Michael+O%27Brien+PTL+vote+notes presented 20171130 - confirmed 20180125 - https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/TSC+2018-01-25

 

Roughly what the PTL role entails  -

  • The role is slightly expanded since last year including the following…
  • Run/attend all weekly logging meetings – incorporate all requests and work done by the extended team (committers, contributors)
  • Assist any member, incoming team, demo-request of ONAP specific to logging and indirectly to both deploy time and runtime – using the stack
  • Encourage contributions from contributors to the project – this includes all levels of contribution – hands-on and architecture/direction
  • Raise/triage/manage jiras in the project – with the entire team, and all linked/peripheral jiras in all other ONAP projects
  • Work with the team on scope/architecture/development/documentation/deployment/triage/debugging of the project code/deployment
  • Attend and answer for Logging in the weekly PTL and weekly TSC meetings
  • Move implementation of the logging spec forward – including definition/implementation/usage/doc/adherence
  • Work towards each bi-weekly release milestone – wiki/jira/artifacts/meets/
  • Run/work-with/liase-with external team meetings between AT&T, Clamp, AAF, OOM ….
  • Continue to work very closely with the OOM project on deployment, S3P and configuration
  • Liase with the LF on project artifacts git/gerrit/nexus/nexus3/docker(build/merge)/deployment/csit/sonar/security-badging
  • Liase with the Gildas and primarily the ARC and Security SC
  • Manage committer requests in/out of the project and admin project-manager duties
  • Continue to Liase with the Acumos project – specifically around spec logging
  • Continue to Liase with the POMBA sub-project scrum team and management
  • Expand on cross team collaboration – all of ONAP
  • Respond to jira/onap-discuss/onap-tsc, emails, wiki comments/questions
  • Commit to helping to manage/develop/deploy/triage all the issues raised by priority in the casablanca scope https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Casablanca+Scope

 

Template for PTL poll for 5th July

ONAP Logging-analytics PTL vote for July 2018

Michael OBrien (Amdocs) - Committer/PTL

Luke Parker (Amdocs) - Committer

Lee Breslau (AT&T) - Committer

Avdhut Kholkar (Amdocs) – Committer

Private=true

 

Thank you

/michael

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


Re: [dcae] VES unknown host error

Vijay VK
 

William,

Based on the error posted,  the output topic for VESCollector looks to be using default setting (correct MR hostname on the URL should be - message-router.onap.svc.cluster.local); this will be typically overridden when the collector is instantiated with configuration from Consul.  One possible issue is the Consul state might have been lost (possibly any restart?).

 

Could you run the below curl from within pod (vescollector) and share the o/p?

 

curl config-binding-service:10000/service_component/dcae-ves-collector

curl consul-server.onap:8500/v1/catalog/service/config-binding-service

 

Regards,

-Vijay

 

From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of William Kurkian
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 4:56 PM
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] [dcae] VES unknown host error

 

I have an onap cluster with a VES and DMaaP running. I deleted the VES pod, and let kubernetes bring it back up, in order to test another component, and i started getting this error in the VES logs:

 

[20:03:25,245][WARN ][pool-5-thread-1]Send failed, 28 message to send.

[20:03:25,245][ERROR][pool-5-thread-1]PUB_CHRONIC_FAILURE: Send failure count is 1589, above threshold 5.

[20:03:25,963][INFO ][pool-4-thread-1]sending 59 msgs to /events/unauthenticated.SEC_FAULT_OUTPUT. Oldest: 1725649 ms

[20:03:25,963][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]All hosts were blacklisted; reverting to full set of hosts.

[20:03:25,964][INFO ][pool-4-thread-1]POST http://onap-dmaap:3904/events/unauthenticated.SEC_FAULT_OUTPUT (anonymous) ...

[20:03:25,965][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]Unknown host onap-dmaap; blacklisting for 10 minutes

[20:03:25,965][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]onap-dmaap

java.net.UnknownHostException: onap-dmaap

        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1280)

        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1192)

        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1126)

        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SystemDefaultDnsResolver.resolve(SystemDefaultDnsResolver.java:45)

        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:112)

        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:359)

        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClientExec.java:381)

        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:237)

        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:185)

        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)

        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:111)

        at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185)

        at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)

        at com.att.nsa.apiClient.http.HttpClient.runCall(HttpClient.java:622)

        at com.att.nsa.apiClient.http.HttpClient.post(HttpClient.java:452)

 

Does anyone have any insight into this ?

 

Thanks,

William


Re: [multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

Bin Hu <bh526r@...>
 

Kenny,

 

Friday’s meeting is already obsolete / inactive.

 

Thanks

Bin

 

From: onap-discuss@... [mailto:onap-discuss@...] On Behalf Of Kenny Paul
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 12:46 PM
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] [multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

 

 

On the ONAP calendar I have the multicloud meeting regularly set for Mondays @ 17:00 pacific on private zoom bridge https://zoom.us/j/9057041886

 

In our Zoom account I also show a reoccurring multicloud meeting scheduled for Fridays @ 05:00 pacific on ONAP3 https://zoom.us/j/587662385.

This 2nd meeting is not on the ONAP calendar, so I'm guessing that it is just something I forgot to clean up after a previous change.

 

Can someone from the team verify whether the Friday meeting is active or not?

 

Thanks!

 

 

Best Regards, 
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kpaul@..., 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone

 

 


[dcae] VES unknown host error

William Kurkian <wkurkian3@...>
 

I have an onap cluster with a VES and DMaaP running. I deleted the VES pod, and let kubernetes bring it back up, in order to test another component, and i started getting this error in the VES logs:

[20:03:25,245][WARN ][pool-5-thread-1]Send failed, 28 message to send.
[20:03:25,245][ERROR][pool-5-thread-1]PUB_CHRONIC_FAILURE: Send failure count is 1589, above threshold 5.
[20:03:25,963][INFO ][pool-4-thread-1]sending 59 msgs to /events/unauthenticated.SEC_FAULT_OUTPUT. Oldest: 1725649 ms
[20:03:25,963][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]All hosts were blacklisted; reverting to full set of hosts.
[20:03:25,964][INFO ][pool-4-thread-1]POST http://onap-dmaap:3904/events/unauthenticated.SEC_FAULT_OUTPUT (anonymous) ...
[20:03:25,965][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]Unknown host onap-dmaap; blacklisting for 10 minutes
[20:03:25,965][WARN ][pool-4-thread-1]onap-dmaap
java.net.UnknownHostException: onap-dmaap
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1280)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1192)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1126)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.SystemDefaultDnsResolver.resolve(SystemDefaultDnsResolver.java:45)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.connect(DefaultHttpClientConnectionOperator.java:112)
        at org.apache.http.impl.conn.PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.connect(PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.java:359)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.establishRoute(MainClientExec.java:381)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:237)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:185)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)
        at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:111)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185)
        at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
        at com.att.nsa.apiClient.http.HttpClient.runCall(HttpClient.java:622)
        at com.att.nsa.apiClient.http.HttpClient.post(HttpClient.java:452)

Does anyone have any insight into this ?

Thanks,
William


Re: [aai] Process for chaning the AAI OXM in an OOM world

Jimmy Forsyth
 

Hi, Michael,

 

Thanks for your interest in AAI!  We don’t have an IRC chat channel for AAI, but adding [aai] to messages sent to the onap-discuss list will allow those who are not interested in AAI to filter out the email.

 

As far as changing the schema goes, it’s not for the faint of heart – the schema and edge rules that are currently in the aai-common repo represent several years of experience in ECOMP, OpenECOMP, and ONAP development and changes to java types and edge rules can have cascading impact which can break adjacent systems and workflows.

 

That said, our docker images are created by Jenkins, example job: https://jenkins.onap.org/view/aai-resources/job/aai-resources-beijing-docker-java-daily/  I suppose you could mount your own schema oxm in the helm chart; there’s multiple places that use those files, the critical one would be aai-resources.

 

I recommend you follow our wiki space here:

 

https://wiki.onap.org/x/aIsx

 

And join our weekly calls:

 

https://wiki.onap.org/x/4oCk

 

I don’t think we’ll be meeting Wednesday because of the US holiday, but please join us next week.

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

 

 

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of Michael Still <mikal@...>
Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 8:14 PM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Process for chaning the AAI OXM in an OOM world

 

I guess alternatively if editing the OXM is a terrible idea (and that might explain why it isn't documented), I'd appreciate a chat with someone on the AAI side about how to better implement what we need. Is there an equivalent of an IRC chat channel for the AAI team I could join to talk to people?


Thanks,

Michael

 

On Mon, Jul 2, 2018 at 6:36 AM Michael Still <mikal@...> wrote:

Hi,

 

I'm working through a PoC deployment of ONAP at the moment, and one of the things we've identified as likely to be required is editing the AAI OXM to include additional attributes for some of the nodes.

 

I've found https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10783023 which has documentation on how to do this from a developer perspective, but I can't find a documented process that walks from that edit through to having built new docker images that OOM can then launch. I'm comfortable with running a local Docker image repository, but I can't see AAI's Docker build process documented anywhere.

 

Is there documentation on this somewhere I haven't managed to find?

 

Thanks,

Michael

 

--

Did this email leave you hoping to cause me pain? Good news!

Sponsor me in city2surf 2018 and I promise to suffer greatly.


 

--

Did this email leave you hoping to cause me pain? Good news!

Sponsor me in city2surf 2018 and I promise to suffer greatly.


[multicloud] legacy meeting invite question.

Kenny Paul
 

 

On the ONAP calendar I have the multicloud meeting regularly set for Mondays @ 17:00 pacific on private zoom bridge https://zoom.us/j/9057041886

 

In our Zoom account I also show a reoccurring multicloud meeting scheduled for Fridays @ 05:00 pacific on ONAP3 https://zoom.us/j/587662385.

This 2nd meeting is not on the ONAP calendar, so I'm guessing that it is just something I forgot to clean up after a previous change.

 

Can someone from the team verify whether the Friday meeting is active or not?

 

Thanks!

 

Best Regards, 
-kenny

Kenny Paul, Technical Program Manager, The Linux Foundation
kpaul@..., 510.766.5945
San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Time Zone

 

 


Re: [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

Jimmy Forsyth
 

Hi, Shubhada,

 

When you do the PUT it should be unwrapped – the whole contents of the file should be:

 

{

                                "global-customer-id": "Demonstration",

                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_ServiceInstance_4",

                                "service-type": "vFW",

                                "metadata":{

                                   "metadatum": [

                                                   {

 

                                                                "metaname": " someName ",

                                                                "metaval": " someVal"

                                                   }

                                    ]

                               

                   }

}

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

From: Shubhada Ramkrishna Vaze <SV00449682@...>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 5:14 AM
To: "FORSYTH, JAMES" <jf2512@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi Jimmy ,

 

Thanks, I was trying with wrong payload.

Now I tried creating new service instance with below payload. Service instance is created but when I try to get service instance details with depth query parameter, I am not getting metadata back.

 

The observation is if I create service instance, add metadata later and then try to get details, I get metadata back.

 

API Used:

PUT  <AAI_IP>/aai/v11/business/customers/customer/Demonstration/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/vFW /service-instances/service-instance/0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6

Body:

{

                "service-instance": [{

                                "global-customer-id": "Demonstration",

                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_ServiceInstance_4",

                                "service-type": "vFW",

                                "metadata":{

                                   "metadatum": [

                                                   {

 

                                                                "metaname": " someName ",

                                                                "metaval": " someVal"

                                                   }

                                    ]

                               

                   }

                }]

}

 

GET <AAI_IP>/aai/v11/business/customers/customer/Demonstration/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/vFW /service-instances/service-instance/0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6?depth=1

Response:

{

    "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-4888-9999-ab4fa3d22bf6",

    "resource-version": "1530516163518"

}

 

 

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhada

From: FORSYTH, JAMES <jf2512@...>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 7:02 PM
To: Shubhada Ramkrishna Vaze <SV00449682@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi, Shubhada,

 

Two things – 1) this is how the metadata block should look.

 

   "metadata": {

        "metadatum": [

            {

                "metaname": "example-metaname-val-23573",

                "metaval": "example-metaval-val-72274"

            }

        ]

    },

 

2) make sure you set the depth query parameter.  In this case, GET /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}?depth=1

 

Depth=1 means give me the object at this level and its immediate descendants.

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

 

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of Shubhada <SV00449682@...>
Date: Friday, June 29, 2018 at 3:05 AM
To: "
onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: [onap-discuss] [aai] Trouble in creating service instance with some metadata

 

Hi,

 

We are trying to create a new service instance with some metadata by invoking AAI API. The instance gets created. But when we try to get service instance details, we are not getting metadata back.

 

Can anyone please suggest if anything is wrong in below PUT API ? Thanks in Advance.

 

API used: PUT /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}

Body:

{

    "service-instance": [

        {

                                                "global-customer-id":"TechM_Cust",

                                                "service-instance-id": "0aa1c4f0-5e0c-8888-8882-ab4fa3d22bf6",

                                                "service-instance-name": "Techm_vFW_ServiceInstance_2",

                                                "service-type":"vFW",

                                                "metadatum":{

                                                [

                                                                {

                                                                                "metaname":"someName",

                                                                                "metaval":"someValue"

                                                                }

                                                ]

                                                }         

        }

    ]

}

 

GET /business/customers/customer/{global-customer-id}/service-subscriptions/service-subscription/{service-type}/service-instances/service-instance/{service-instance-id}

 

 

Regards,

Shubhada

============================================================================================================================

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

============================================================================================================================


Re: [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

Michael Lando
 

If I understand the question correctly they you want to add an artifact to one of the models in sdc.

 

This option is available from the ui interface you can choose to add a deploy meant artifact based on the versions available the.

 

Once add it will be distributed with our package.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BR,

 

Michael Lando

 

AT&T Network Application Development · NetCom  

Tel Aviv | Tampa | Atlanta | New Jersey |Chicago

···········································································

Office: +972 (3) 5451487

Mobile: +972 (54) 7833603

e-mail: Michael.Lando@...

 

From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of Mandeep Singh Kalra
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 14:33
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [SDC] Possible import csar files into SDC catalog

 

Hi,
       Is this import functionality available in r2 ?
       How can I add a script, for eg cloud init inside VF on SDC ?


Regards
Mandeep


[controlloop] Control Loop weekly called canceled 7/4/2018

Pamela Dragosh
 

Folks,

 

Due to U.S. Holiday, this meeting is canceled this week. Please look for the cancellation from Kenny.

 

Thanks,

 

Pam Dragosh

ONAP Control Loop Sub Committee Chair

 


VES 6.0 Requirements

Alok Gupta
 

Team:

 

Please find enclosed VES 6.0 Requirements. The enclosed ppt provides a high level summary of changes and the detailed requirements are attached on the last page.

 

PTL Owners: Please feel free post the material to your wiki.

 

Please do let me know if you have questions/feedback and we will update the requirements in a point release in about a month.

 

 

Regards,

 

Alok Gupta

732-420-7007

MT B2 3D30

ag1367@...

 


PTL Election for Portal Project

Manoop Talasila
 

Dear ONAP Community,

 

As mandated by ONAP process, PTL elections must be held at least once a year. You can read more details here: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Annual+Community+Elections

 

My self-nomination:

I would like to nominate myself as Project Technical Lead (PTL) for the ONAP Portal Platform project. For the last one year, as the PTL of Portal, I have managed to successfully work to release the first two releases of ONAP with an excellent Portal team. I enjoyed working with the community and would like to continue enhancing the Portal project with the community support.

 

Interested candidates:

I invite you to submit your self-nomination if you are interested in this position. You have 2 days to submit your self-nomination from receipt of this email. Candidates are encouraged to include a biography and statement of intent on why you would be a good person to hold this position. 

 

Important Dates:

  • Self-nomination will close at Thursday, 5 July 2018 @ 2100 UTC.
  • Voting will be open for 3 days after that point and close Tuesday 10 July 2018 @ 2100.
  • New PTL will be announced on 11 July 2018.

 

Thanks,

Manoop Talasila

Portal PTL

 


Re: [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

Christopher Donley <Christopher.Donley@...>
 

I think there are three types of questions that we regularly address, that may require different handling.
  • Those we can reasonably predict will need a TSC decision (for example, new project proposals, milestone reviews, TSC policies, etc.).  I agree that for those cases, we should have a few days' advanced notice of the need for a vote and any materials influencing it.  However, for milestone reviews, we may need to acknowledge some late arriving information from the project teams is expected.
  •  Emergencies or other urgent questions that may arise (for example, issues with the build system, severe security vulnerabilities, etc.). Those may need to be decided during a TSC call without prior notice.  We shouldn't block those from consideration because there was not prior discussion.
  • Non-emergency surprises.  In that case, perhaps we want to follow Steve's suggestion and hold the discussion on one call and decision on a second.

Chris

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of Lingli Deng <denglingli@...>
Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 6:01 PM
To: Alla Goldner <alla.goldner@...>
Cc: Stephen Terrill <stephen.terrill@...>, Arash Hekmat <arash.hekmat@...>, onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

Hi Arash and Steve,

Thanks for the good suggestion.
+1 to Having TSC agenda and discussion points posted in advance would be great to improve call efficiency and transparency.
Also +1 to clearly differentiate the discussion slot and decision slot are vital to plan the call agenda. If a decision is to be made because of a deadline, it is important to communicate to every party with voting right to clear understand the options and have the time to sync up internally if needed.

Lingli



On 07/01/2018 23:15, Alla Goldner wrote:

+1 on all points below.

 

Best regards,

 

Alla Goldner

 

Open Network Division

Amdocs Technology

 

 

 

From: ONAP-TSC@... [mailto:ONAP-TSC@...] On Behalf Of Stephen Terrill
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2018 6:09 PM
To: Arash Hekmat <Arash.Hekmat@...>; onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

 

Hi Arash, All,

 

Thank-you for the suggestion - I think that this is a topic worthy of debate and bringing forward.  It would be beneficial to create clear expectations on the decision process and the ability to be efficient in this, and allow sufficient time between when the proposal for decision is requested and the decision meeting itself.  Afterall, a “surprise” request for decision is often meet with pushback as there is often a need to reflect and discuss with others.

 

I agree that all requests for a decision should be posted in advance to give time for reflection, debate and collecting input.  An exception due to time constraints maybe the milestone decisions.

-          I support that all decisions requests are posted in advance.  1 week maybe too long though, how about on the prior Monday?

-          It can be that decisions required two meeting cycles – the first one can often be for information before the decision if it is complex or controversial.

 

It may make sense to capture a policy around this; I think also that this is independent of the TS composition as it is also clarity for the community irrespective of the decided TSC composition.

 

BR,

 

Steve.

 

From: ONAP-TSC@... <ONAP-TSC@...> On Behalf Of Arash Hekmat
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 7:31 PM
To: onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

 

ONAP TSC,

 

This is a process proposal for the ONAP TSC meetings. This is independent of the decision on the length and timing of the TSC meetings.

 

To help shorten the TSC meetings, it may be helpful to have a process where all TSC members views on the topics on the agenda are known before the meeting. This gives time to all the companies to know other companies views and to formulate their responses and votes before the meeting. This may help reduce surprises and lengthy discussions during the meeting.

 

One way to do this is to use the TSC Meeting Agendas wiki page: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Upcoming+Agendas

 

The Linux Foundation (Kenny) could add a structure template to the TSC Meeting Agenda page and for each meeting:

  1. Each presenter is asked to list (or upload) their discussion points on the Meeting Agenda page (at least a week prior to the meeting)
  2. Each voting TSC member is asked to add their responses or views for each discussion point (at least 24 or 48 hours prior to the meeting)
  3. During the TSC meeting, Kenny presents the Meeting Agenda page including all agenda points and the added responses and views
  4. For every contentious point, where a vote may be needed, a vote is held during the TSC meeting to make a decision.

 

It should be clarified that:

  • The TSC Meeting Agenda wiki page should not be used for back and forth discussions and arguments
  • Adding responses or views to the TSC Meeting Agenda wiki page is not a substitute for attending the TSC meeting.

 

Arash Hekmat (Amdocs)

 

From: ONAP-TSC@... <ONAP-TSC@...> On Behalf Of Alla Goldner
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 1:22 AM
To: onap-tsc <onap-tsc@...>; onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-tsc] TSC meetings: length, topics etc.

 

Hi all,

 

Following my AI from yesterday’s TSC meeting, I am sending this email out.

 

We would want to make life easier for those in Asia who attend our (very late for them)TSC meetings on Thursday.

Having said that, we should keep in mind that the only timeframe during which we can have our meetings without getting into 12 am-6 am night hours for any of the regions is these timeframe.

 

  1. One of the proposals raised by community was:

 

       TSC meeting time should be shorten to 1 hour - so people in China suffer less due to late evening hours. We should clearly define what are topics on agenda for TSC meetings, and then also:

-          what can be discussed by some form of active chat (yet to be defined)

-          What may be discussed in bi or 3 - weekly meetings, which are also scheduled in advance

 

  1. The other suggestion brought by Phill during our f2f meeting last week was to have separate meetings for a different regions.

 

In any case, further work on the proposals is needed (in case there is a support for any of these), or, alternatively, a new proposal can be brought to the table.

 

Please let us know what you think about 2 proposals above and bring your own suggestions, if you have some.

 

Best regards,

 

Alla Goldner

 

Open Network Division

Amdocs Technology

 

 

 

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


Re: [onap-tsc] PTL Election for A&AI

Jimmy Forsyth
 

Hi, All,

 

To clarify – self-nomination is only available to active committers on the AAI project, per community guidelines.

 

Thanks,

jimmy

 

 

From: <ONAP-TSC@...> on behalf of "FORSYTH, JAMES" <jf2512@...>
Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 at 12:35 PM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Cc: "ONAP-TSC@..." <ONAP-TSC@...>
Subject: [onap-tsc] PTL Election for A&AI

 

***Security Advisory: This Message Originated Outside of AT&T ***
Reference http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html for more information.

Dear ONAP Community and ONAP TSC,

 

As mandated by ONAP process, PTL elections must be held at least once a year. 

You can read more details here: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Annual+Community+Elections

 

I invite you to submit your self-nomination if you are interested in this position.

 

You have 2 days to submit your self-nomination from receipt of this email.

In light of July 4th U.S. holiday, self-nomination will close at Thursday, 5 July 2018 @ 2100 UTC.

Voting will be open for 3 days after that point and close Tuesday 10 July 2018 @ 2100.

New PTL will be announced on 11 July 2018.

 

Thanks,

Jimmy Forsyth

A&AI PTL