Date   

Re: vFW: got one step further: Couldn't download artifact (was previous peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init)

Avdhut K
 

The repo does not seem to have the snapshot version. Try removing the ‘snapshot’

 

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.

Regards,

Avdhut Kholkar

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Josef Reisinger
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:13 PM
To: onap-discuss <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] vFW: got one step further: Couldn't download artifact (was previous peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init)

 

Nobody faces this error?
I asked "friend G." and it seems that there is some issue with the certificates. If I look a but up in cloud-init-output, I can see there was an error installing the certificates:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 53: java: command not found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 66: java: command not found
The command which help me one step further was
update-ca-certificates -f
So that I do not have the "peer not authenticated" (what a §"$$%"&§ error message by the way....) and get something which I do not understand at all. I have to admit I am using maven the first time....

root@demofwl01pgn:/opt# mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
[INFO] Resolving org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-hc.tar.gz
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 2.436s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 27 16:33:52 UTC 2017
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/171M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Couldn't download artifact: Could not find artifact org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR] central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false),
[ERROR] temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging, releases=true, snapshots=true)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Any quick help from you guys?
I logg this under
https://jira.onap.org/projects/UCA/issues/UCA-28

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger

When wisdom comes to call, there's nobody listening at all - Pendragon / Man Of Nomadic Traits

IBM Sales & Distribution, Communications Sector
Certified IT-Architect Telecommunications
IBM Certified Telecommunications Industry ITA
Lehrbeauftragter an der Hochschule Fresenius

IBM Deutschland
Godesberger Allee 127
53175 Bonn Beuel

Phone:    +49 151 1426 4559
Mobile:  +49-(0) 151 1426 4559
E-Mail:  josef.reisinger@...

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Nicole Reimer, Norbert Janzen, Dr. Christian Keller, Ivo Koerner, Stefan Lutz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940






From:        "Josef Reisinger" <josef.reisinger@...>
To:        onap-discuss <onap-discuss@...>
Date:        27.06.2017 16:53
Subject:        [onap-discuss] vFW: peer not authenticated in maven project build        in cloud-init
Sent by:        onap-discuss-bounces@...





I logged this in JIRA, maybe I get a response faster on the list:
When deploying a vFW demo stack, I get a "peer not authenticated"  error in maven build. The same happens if I try to run the command manually. Anybody to know what is missing?

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger
_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss


This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement, you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer

Amdocs Development Centre India Private Limited having CIN: U72200PN2004PTC0188320 converted into Amdocs Development Centre India LLP (A limited liability partner­ship with LLP Identification Number: AAI-6901 effective 28th Feb 2017)


Re: Invitation: APP-C Weekly Meeting @ Weekly from 08:00 to 09:00 on Wednesday (PDT) (onap-discuss@lists.onap.org)

MAHER, RANDA <rx196w@...>
 

Team,
Proposed agenda for this week’s meeting.
 
Agenda:
  • Recap last meeting
  • Review Resources updates 
  • Review Release Schedule - make sure all are aligned
  • Logistics/housekeeping
  • Jira project
  • Communications
  • Minutes
  • Review Use cases & Brainstorm on what we want to achieve in Release 1
 
Thanks, Randa
 
P.S. Anyone interested in learning more about APPC’s Model Driven approach, Paul presented last week and we recorded it. Enjoy
 
-----Original Appointment-----
From: ONAP Meetings and Events [mailto:linuxfoundation.org_1rmtb5tpr3uc8f76fmflploi88@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 11:27 AM
To: ONAP Meetings and Events; LEFEVRE, CATHERINE; onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] Invitation: APP-C Weekly Meeting @ Weekly from 08:00 to 09:00 on Wednesday (PDT) (onap-discuss@...)
When: Occurs every Wednesday effective 6/21/2017 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM America/New_York.
Where: https://zoom.us/j/708562828
 
 
more details »
APP-C Weekly Meeting
Hi there,
ONAP Meeting 4 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/708562828
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,,708562828# or +16465588656,,708562828#
Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)
+1 855 880 1246 (US Toll Free)
+1 877 369 0926 (US Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 708 562 828
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=nOkqgtoJBOGo7SuFC0OvOat13V5cLneM
 
 
 
 
 
When         Weekly from 08:00 to 09:00 on Wednesday Pacific Time        
Where         https://zoom.us/j/708562828 (map)        
Calendar         onap-discuss@...        
Who
                Casey Cain - creator        
        cl664y@...        
        onap-discuss@...        
 
       
Going?   All events in this series:   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »
Invitation from Google Calendar
You are receiving this courtesy email at the account onap-discuss@... because you are an attendee of this event.
To stop receiving future updates for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.
Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More.
<< File: invite.ics >>  << File: ATT00001.txt >>
 


Request for Feedback "Committer Best Practices"

Williams, Marcus <marcus.williams@...>
 

Hello All,

 

I’ve created a wiki page on committer best practices based on TSC Discussion on list ( https://lists.onap.org/pipermail/onap-tsc/2017-May/000476.html ) and other open source community practices, mainly OpenDaylight and OpenStack.

 

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Committer+Best+Practices

 

I’d like to solicit feedback on the committer best practices listed in said wiki page.

 

Thanks,

Marcus Williams

IRC @ mgkwill

Network Software Engineer

Intel Corp. - DataCenter Network Solutions Group

 


Re: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

NOSHPITZ, CLAUDE <cn5542@...>
 

Apologies if I am misreading this -- it seems like interposing at least some layer of mediation in front of "raw" OpenStack calls is a pretty clear requirement for R1.

If that's already covered in MultiVIM, then would the question be more about minimizing technical debt due to non-future-proof workflows or other tooling?

--Claude

On Jun 27, 2017, at 3:55 PM, DeWayne Filppi <dewayne@...> wrote:

I'd say the ideal would be for the MSO/SO to not directly call VIM APIs, but would not want to jeopardize the SO project based on an external dependency that frankly isn't necessary to reach the use case goal for R1. Just my 2 cents.
_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.onap.org_mailman_listinfo_onap-2Ddiscuss&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=6eVY7dvBpvoXBXPsAVK6PXwHbCRePAEMgPW2uE02KE0&m=mWC-oG4n2nIZJktAFstJfXIaG0sVFVTWo1T0Q28DNGI&s=aoDDwjKjF9eufW3gTP5RSs3FjvtDQorm0wm2gMx8n2o&e=


Re: vFW: got one step further: Couldn't download artifact (was previous peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init)

Michael O'Brien <Frank.Obrien@...>
 

Josef,

    Check your ~/.m2/settings.xml against the reference (you need all 4 nexus profiles public/staging/release/snapshots – I see you have staging though which used to the the issue – so hopefully all 4 will allow you to pass this one)

 

    Was going to answer before on the mvn version – decided to reproduce.

    I get the same (not related to the mvn 3.3.3- certificate issue) on my internal (with proxy) windows git-bash setup that does not have all the nexus servers – however I work OK on my RHEL 7.3 VM which is outside the firewall (not the issue though) – with all 4 repos in the reference settings.xml

 

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Setting+Up+Your+Development+Environment#SettingUpYourDevelopmentEnvironment-MavenExamplesettings.xml

 

[root@obrien-b2 onap3]# mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] 
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
[INFO] Resolving org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
Downloading: 
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: 
https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: 
https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: 
https://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/opendaylight.snapshot/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloaded: 
https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml (1.2 kB at 1.1 kB/s)
Downloading: 
https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-20170626.141009-107-hc.tar.gz
Downloaded: 
https://nexus.onap.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-20170626.141009-107-hc.tar.gz (25 MB at 4.1 MB/s)
[WARNING] destination/dest parameter is deprecated: it will disappear in future version.
[INFO] Copying /root/.m2/repository/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-hc.tar.gz to /root/onap3/.
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESS
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 8.495 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-06-27T15:01:47-07:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 18M/400M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

With

 

 <activeProfiles>

      <activeProfile>10_nexus</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>20_openecomp-public</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>30_openecomp-staging</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>40_openecomp-release</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>50_openecomp-snapshots</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>60_opendaylight-release</activeProfile>

      <activeProfile>70_opendaylight-snapshots</activeProfile>

  </activeProfiles>

 

 

For reference I get the same issue if I only run with release/public internally (I would say you are missing staging – but it looks like snapshot)

 

 

$ mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO]

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---

Downloading: https://nexus.openecomp.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-site-renderer/1.2/doxia-site-renderer-1.2.pom

Downloaded: https://nexus.openecomp.org/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/doxia/doxia-site-renderer/1.2/doxia-site-renderer-1.2.pom (6.2 kB at 3.5 kB/s)

…..

 

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] Total time: 01:28 min

[INFO] Finished at: 2017-06-27T17:57:42-04:00

[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/205M

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Couldn't download artifact: Could not find artifact org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging)

[ERROR]

[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

[ERROR]

[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:

[ERROR]     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file

[ERROR]

[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:

[ERROR]     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

 

 

    /michael

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Josef Reisinger
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 12:43
To: onap-discuss <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] vFW: got one step further: Couldn't download artifact (was previous peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init)

 

Nobody faces this error?
I asked "friend G." and it seems that there is some issue with the certificates. If I look a but up in cloud-init-output, I can see there was an error installing the certificates:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 53: java: command not found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 66: java: command not found
The command which help me one step further was
update-ca-certificates -f
So that I do not have the "peer not authenticated" (what a §"$$%"&§ error message by the way....) and get something which I do not understand at all. I have to admit I am using maven the first time....

root@demofwl01pgn:/opt# mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
[INFO] Resolving org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-hc.tar.gz
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 2.436s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 27 16:33:52 UTC 2017
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/171M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Couldn't download artifact: Could not find artifact org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR] central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false),
[ERROR] temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging, releases=true, snapshots=true)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Any quick help from you guys?
I logg this under
https://jira.onap.org/projects/UCA/issues/UCA-28

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger

When wisdom comes to call, there's nobody listening at all - Pendragon / Man Of Nomadic Traits

IBM Sales & Distribution, Communications Sector
Certified IT-Architect Telecommunications
IBM Certified Telecommunications Industry ITA
Lehrbeauftragter an der Hochschule Fresenius

IBM Deutschland
Godesberger Allee 127
53175 Bonn Beuel

Phone:    +49 151 1426 4559
Mobile:  +49-(0) 151 1426 4559
E-Mail:  josef.reisinger@...

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Nicole Reimer, Norbert Janzen, Dr. Christian Keller, Ivo Koerner, Stefan Lutz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940






From:        "Josef Reisinger" <josef.reisinger@...>
To:        onap-discuss <onap-discuss@...>
Date:        27.06.2017 16:53
Subject:        [onap-discuss] vFW: peer not authenticated in maven project build        in cloud-init
Sent by:        onap-discuss-bounces@...





I logged this in JIRA, maybe I get a response faster on the list:
When deploying a vFW demo stack, I get a "peer not authenticated"  error in maven build. The same happens if I try to run the command manually. Anybody to know what is missing?

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger
_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss


This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


Re: Robot vm script automation

Jerry Flood
 

Ajay

Michael

 

The preload values for the demo VFW originate from the following section of the integration_preload_parameters.py.

 

# heat template parameter values for heat template instances created for hands on demo test case

  "Demo" : {

       "vfw_preload.template": {

           "unprotected_private_net_id" : "demofwl_unprotected",

           "unprotected_private_net_cidr" : "192.168.110.0/24",

           "protected_private_net_id" : "demofwl_protected",

           "protected_private_net_cidr" : "192.168.120.0/24",

           "vfw_private_ip_0" : "192.168.110.100",

           "vfw_private_ip_1" : "192.168.120.100",

           "vfw_private_ip_2" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.11",

           "vpg_private_ip_0" : "192.168.110.200",

           "vpg_private_ip_1" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.12",

           "vsn_private_ip_0" : "192.168.120.250",

           "vsn_private_ip_1" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.13",

           'vfw_name_0':'demofwl01fwl',

           'vpg_name_0':'demofwl01pgn',

           'vsn_name_0':'demofwl01snk',

 

The values here were not intended to support more than 1 simultaneous instance of the demo vFW. Changing network ids  and host names  (in red) should enable simultaneous instantiations.

 

Note that the automated ETE configurations use a dynamically generated ${hostid} to uniquely identify network ids  and host names (in red) to enable simultaneous instantiations. This pattern may be used for the “Demo” section as well

 

# heat template parameter values for heat template instances created during Vnf-Orchestration test cases

    "Vnf-Orchestration" : {

        "vfw_preload.template": {

            "unprotected_private_net_id" : "vofwl01_unprotected${hostid}",

            "unprotected_private_net_cidr" : "192.168.10.0/24",

           "protected_private_net_id" : "vofwl01_protected${hostid}",

            "protected_private_net_cidr" : "192.168.20.0/24",

            "vfw_private_ip_0" : "192.168.10.100",

            "vfw_private_ip_1" : "192.168.20.100",

            "vfw_private_ip_2" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.1",

            "vpg_private_ip_0" : "192.168.10.200",

            "vpg_private_ip_1" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.2",

            "vsn_private_ip_0" : "192.168.20.250",

            "vsn_private_ip_1" : "10.1.${ecompnet}.3",

            'vfw_name_0':'vofwl01fwl${hostid}',

            'vpg_name_0':'vofwl01pgn${hostid}',

            'vsn_name_0':'vofwl01snk${hostid}',

        },

 

A note about the ${ecompnet} parameter. This is  GLOBAL_BUILD_NUMBER%255 (-v GLOBAL_BUILD_NUMBER:1928 from the example below). These IPs are part of the ONAP OAM network defined by the ONAP heat template (subnet 10.0.0.0/8). Use of ${ecompnet}  minimizes the potential for conflict on these network resources.

 

For complete control of preload values, you can modify the network ids, host names and ${ecompnet}  in the “Demo” section for each instantiation  or you can update the “Demo” section to follow the “Vnf-Orchestration” pattern using ${hostid} and ${ecompnet} to enable simultaneous instantiations with generated host and network ids.

 

Later

Jerry

 

 

From: ROSE, DANIEL V
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:24 PM
To: OBRIEN, FRANK MICHAEL; Josef Reisinger; FLOOD, JERRY; PLATANIA, MARCO
Cc: onap-discuss@...; Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

Good find, can you look at this jerry or marco?

 

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: OBRIEN, FRANK MICHAEL
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:18 PM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <DR695H@...>; Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...; Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

Ajay,

   Yes, there is an open jira on these hardcoded values (changes to your env have no effect over the sample values).  Until this is fixed you can only have one instance of the vFW or vLB up.

 

https://jira.onap.org/browse/UCA-17

   /michael

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of ROSE, DANIEL V
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:38
To: Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...; Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

You can certainly change anything, just make sure they all sync up. Look at the heat templates for each demo vnf, and as long as the new parameters work it is fine. Since we use a private network for everything there shouldn’t be an ip conflict.

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: Josef Reisinger [mailto:josef.reisinger@...]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:27 AM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <DR695H@...>
Cc: Ajay.Priyadarshi@...; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

Daniel,

if "preload parameters are hard coded", does it mean I should not change them? On one of my environments, I have a conflict with 10.0.0.0/8 network space and configured a 10.0.0.0/16 net, which created some conflict when trying to spin up vFW. To overcome the issues, I move some IP addresses to 10.0.150.X and reran demo.sh preload <my-module>. Even the VMs start (more or less), does this break the demo?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger



From:        "ROSE, DANIEL V" <DR695H@...>
To:        "Ajay.Priyadarshi@..." <Ajay.Priyadarshi@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Date:        26.06.2017 16:18
Subject:        Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation
Sent by:        onap-discuss-bounces@...





The properties in robot come from a few places. The first way is the heat template (that’s dynamic properties in your terms) and they are saved as vm_properties.py. You can certainly make a script to generate these in a  different way if you wanted. The preload parameters are hard coded because they are defined by the demo use case. The robot properties defines the topology of the onap installation and openstack install etc. The microservice bus will render most of these properties useless and they can be removed at that time.
 
Thanks,
Daniel Rose
ECOMP / ONAP
com.att.ecomp
732-420-7308
 
From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Sent:
Monday, June 26, 2017 5:29 AM
To:
onap-discuss@...
Subject:
[onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation
 
Hi,
 
The below configuration files used for demo script uses hardcoded values.
 
Example : /var/opt/OpenECOMP_ETE/runTags.sh -V /share/config/vm_properties.py -V /share/config/integration_robot_properties.py -V /share/config/integration_preload_parameters.py -v GLOBAL_BUILD_NUMBER:1928 -d /share/logs/ETE_1928 -i InitDemo --display 88
The above command uses three config files.
1.       integration_robot_properties.py
2.       integration_preload_parameters.py
3.       vm_properties.py
 
Only 3rd one(vm_properties.py) get populated by environment value, Rest both uses preconfigured values. These two files should also maintain dynamic values (eg. Private IP addresses).
 
 
Regards,
Ajay


"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss

 

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


A&AI PTL Selection

Jimmy Forsyth
 

A&AI/ESR Committers,

 

The votes for A&AI PTL have been cast and the poll is closed.

 

Jimmy Forsyth has been elected PTL for the Active and Available Inventory Project.

 

I will be setting up weekly meetings – anyone interested in contributing to the project or understanding A&AI please contact me or attend our meetings.

 

Thanks,

Jimmy Forsyth

 


Re: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

DeWayne Filppi
 

I'd say the ideal would be for the MSO/SO to not directly call VIM APIs, but would not want to jeopardize the SO project based on an external dependency that frankly isn't necessary to reach the use case goal for R1.  Just my 2 cents.


Re: Robot vm script automation

Daniel Rose
 

Good find, can you look at this jerry or marco?

 

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: OBRIEN, FRANK MICHAEL
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:18 PM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <DR695H@...>; Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...; Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Subject: RE: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

Ajay,

   Yes, there is an open jira on these hardcoded values (changes to your env have no effect over the sample values).  Until this is fixed you can only have one instance of the vFW or vLB up.

 

https://jira.onap.org/browse/UCA-17

   /michael

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of ROSE, DANIEL V
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:38
To: Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...; Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

You can certainly change anything, just make sure they all sync up. Look at the heat templates for each demo vnf, and as long as the new parameters work it is fine. Since we use a private network for everything there shouldn’t be an ip conflict.

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: Josef Reisinger [mailto:josef.reisinger@...]
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:27 AM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <DR695H@...>
Cc: Ajay.Priyadarshi@...; onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation

 

Daniel,

if "preload parameters are hard coded", does it mean I should not change them? On one of my environments, I have a conflict with 10.0.0.0/8 network space and configured a 10.0.0.0/16 net, which created some conflict when trying to spin up vFW. To overcome the issues, I move some IP addresses to 10.0.150.X and reran demo.sh preload <my-module>. Even the VMs start (more or less), does this break the demo?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger



From:        "ROSE, DANIEL V" <DR695H@...>
To:        "Ajay.Priyadarshi@..." <Ajay.Priyadarshi@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Date:        26.06.2017 16:18
Subject:        Re: [onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation
Sent by:        onap-discuss-bounces@...





The properties in robot come from a few places. The first way is the heat template (that’s dynamic properties in your terms) and they are saved as vm_properties.py. You can certainly make a script to generate these in a  different way if you wanted. The preload parameters are hard coded because they are defined by the demo use case. The robot properties defines the topology of the onap installation and openstack install etc. The microservice bus will render most of these properties useless and they can be removed at that time.
 
Thanks,
Daniel Rose
ECOMP / ONAP
com.att.ecomp
732-420-7308
 
From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Ajay.Priyadarshi@...
Sent:
Monday, June 26, 2017 5:29 AM
To:
onap-discuss@...
Subject:
[onap-discuss] Robot vm script automation
 
Hi,
 
The below configuration files used for demo script uses hardcoded values.
 
Example : /var/opt/OpenECOMP_ETE/runTags.sh -V /share/config/vm_properties.py -V /share/config/integration_robot_properties.py -V /share/config/integration_preload_parameters.py -v GLOBAL_BUILD_NUMBER:1928 -d /share/logs/ETE_1928 -i InitDemo --display 88
The above command uses three config files.
1.       integration_robot_properties.py
2.       integration_preload_parameters.py
3.       vm_properties.py
 
Only 3rd one(vm_properties.py) get populated by environment value, Rest both uses preconfigured values. These two files should also maintain dynamic values (eg. Private IP addresses).
 
 
Regards,
Ajay


"Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, re-transmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Virus Warning: Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email. The company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment."_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss

 

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


vCPE use case study and the impact to other projects

Kang Xi <Kang.Xi@...>
 

Hi PTLs, Committers, Contributors,
 
The Integration Project Team and the Use Case Subcommittee are holding this meeting to walk through the vCPE use case. Yoav Kluger and Jon Taylor will present the use case. The purpose is to understand the impact to each project and identify the required features to support the use case. We will keep the discussions at high level and will hold follow up meetings to investigate specific issues if needed.
 
 
Each project please send at least one key person to attend this meeting. If you believe there is no impact to your project and decide not to attend the meeting, please reply to confirm that there is no impact.
 
Regards,
Kang Xi
 
 


Re: ONAP Meeting/Event Calendar subscriptions...

Casey Cain <ccain@...>
 

Hi, Alex.
Yes, all meetings can be synced with this Google Calendar Link.
The meetings are also synced to the Confluence Calendar found on the Community Meetings and Support Staff page.  If you are having trouble using the Google Calendar (for example, if you're from China) then you can Subscribe to the Confluence Calendar using Outlook, iCal, or other calendaring applications using this link.

Best,
Casey

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Vul, Alex <alex.vul@...> wrote:

Hi Kenny,

 

From the looks of things, we can now subscribe to a calendar of ONAP meetings/events via Google. Can we assume that all “official” ONAP meetings are going to be made available via this subscription? Makes it so much easier to subscribe and keep everything up-to-date, rather than dealing with each l calendar separately. So far, this has been the case, but I want to be sure... J

 

Thanks in advance,

 

Alex Vul

Intel Corporation

 


_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss




--
Casey Cain
Technical Program Manager
Linux Foundation
_________________
IRC - CaseyODL
Skype - wrathwolfk
WeChat - okaru6


Re: [openlab][onap-tsc] Nomination Open for Open Lab Subcommittee

Tracy van Brakle
 

+1

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Chengli Wang
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:46 AM
To: onap-discuss@...; onap-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [openlab][onap-tsc] Nomination Open for Open Lab Subcommittee

 

Dear Open Lab subcommittee members,

 

I'd like to self-nominate for Open Lab subcommittee chairperson position.

I am fully committed to this work and confidence that we can achieve great results and strong support ONAP committee by collaborative work in the community.

 

I am looking forward to work together with all of you.

 

Chengli Wang (from China Mobile), who is the committer of NFVO and Integration Project in OPEN-O committee, is responsible for architecture design, requirements analysis, function implementation. He has over 10 years experience in software development and system integration.

Chengli also undertakes the entire responsibilities of OPEN-O Integration Lab. He lead to setup the first OPEN-O lab in CMCC and guide vCPE(Residential/Enterprise) and VoLTE E2E integration tests for two releases. 

 

Regards,

Chengli

 

2017627日,下午12:24Chengli Wang <wangchengli@...> 写道:

 

Dear Open Lab subcommitters:

 

According to the discussion on the last ONAP TSC meeting, The Open Lab Subcommittee has been formally approved. I would like to solicit self-nominations for the coordinator/chairperson of Open Lab Subcommittee.

Any member of the Open Lab Subcommittee may run for this position.  Please note, to indicate that you are a member of the Open Lab Subcommittee you *MUST* put your name and email address on the Open Lab Subcommittee Wiki page located here: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Open+Lab+Subcommittee

 

The nomination period will end  4:00 AM UTC, Thursday, June 29.

 

To nominate, please respond to this email with your intention to run.

After the nomination period is closed, a voting poll will be set up for vote collection.

 

Thanks and Regards,

Chengli

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Re: vFW: got one step further: Couldn't download artifact (was previous peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init)

Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
 

Nobody faces this error?
I asked "friend G." and it seems that there is some issue with the certificates. If I look a but up in cloud-init-output, I can see there was an error installing the certificates:
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 53: java: command not found
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ca-certificates-java.postinst: line 66: java: command not found
The command which help me one step further was
update-ca-certificates -f
So that I do not have the "peer not authenticated" (what a §"$$%"&§ error message by the way....) and get something which I do not understand at all. I have to admit I am using maven the first time....

root@demofwl01pgn:/opt# mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
[INFO] Resolving org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloading: https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging/org/openecomp/demo/vnf/sample-distribution/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/sample-distribution-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-hc.tar.gz
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Total time: 2.436s
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 27 16:33:52 UTC 2017
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/171M
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Couldn't download artifact: Could not find artifact org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:hc:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT in temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.openecomp.demo.vnf -DartifactId=sample-distribution -Dversion=1.1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=hc -Dpackaging=tar.gz -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:tar.gz:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR] central (http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false),
[ERROR] temp (https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging, releases=true, snapshots=true)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Any quick help from you guys?
I logg this under
https://jira.onap.org/projects/UCA/issues/UCA-28

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger
When wisdom comes to call, there's nobody listening at all - Pendragon / Man Of Nomadic Traits
IBM Sales & Distribution, Communications Sector
Certified IT-Architect Telecommunications
IBM Certified Telecommunications Industry ITA
Lehrbeauftragter an der Hochschule Fresenius
IBM Deutschland
Godesberger Allee 127
53175 Bonn Beuel
Phone:    +49 151 1426 4559
Mobile:  +49-(0) 151 1426 4559
E-Mail:  josef.reisinger@...
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Nicole Reimer, Norbert Janzen, Dr. Christian Keller, Ivo Koerner, Stefan Lutz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940





From:        "Josef Reisinger" <josef.reisinger@...>
To:        onap-discuss <onap-discuss@...>
Date:        27.06.2017 16:53
Subject:        [onap-discuss] vFW: peer not authenticated in maven project build        in cloud-init
Sent by:        onap-discuss-bounces@...




I logged this in JIRA, maybe I get a response faster on the list:
When deploying a vFW demo stack, I get a "peer not authenticated"  error in maven build. The same happens if I try to run the command manually. Anybody to know what is missing?

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.


Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger
_______________________________________________
onap-discuss mailing list
onap-discuss@...
https://lists.onap.org/mailman/listinfo/onap-discuss




[vnfrqts] next meeting

WRIGHT, STEVEN A
 

The regular meeting schedule for next week  would fall on July 4th which is a holiday in US.

The ONAP release planning folks would appreciate us progressing on the release milestone definition.

Would another call later this week to replace the call on July 4th make sense?

Since this is out of sequence, I would propose a timeslot that is more convenient for our Asian colleagues. …

Friday, June 30, 2017 at 04:00:00 UTC

Fri 12:00 midnight (Thursday night) *Atlanta

Fri 12:00 noon

China

Fri 6:00 am *

Europe

Fri 7:00 am *

Tel Aviv

Thu 9:00 pm *

California

 

Is there sufficient time  between now and then for use to derive value form such a call ?

Or would folks prefer we resched ule the July 4th call to Wednesday-Thursday next week?


best regards
Steven Wright, MBA, PhD, JD.

AT&T Services Inc.
1057 Lenox Park Blvd NE, STE 4D28
Atlanta, GA 30319
P: 404.499.7030

sw3588@...

www.linkedin.com/in/drstevenawright/

 


[vnfrqts] Deliverables discussion

WRIGHT, STEVEN A
 

This email is to start a discussion thread on the release deliverables for the VNF requirements project.

The ONAP Release Planning folks have created a template for the M1 milestone that they are requesting all projects to fill out.

I have created a copy of this template  on the wiki under out project at [vnfrqts] Release Planning.

Please reply to this thread  and or edit that page to help progress our M1 deliverable definitions.

 


best regards
Steven Wright, MBA, PhD, JD.

AT&T Services Inc.
1057 Lenox Park Blvd NE, STE 4D28
Atlanta, GA 30319
P: 404.499.7030

sw3588@...

www.linkedin.com/in/drstevenawright/

 


Re: [OOM] Contributing to OOM project

Viswa KSP
 

Thanks Roger. I'll definitely give it a try and post my feedback. Meanwhile pls keep me posted with any update on this effort ( wiki / DCAE support etc ).

BR,
Viswa 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Roger Maitland <Roger.Maitland@...> wrote:

Hi Viswa,

 

A preliminary version of the OOM ‘oneClick’ deployment of ONAP on kubernetes/containers has been released in gerrit here: https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/admin/projects/oom

 

This is still a work in progress as we don’t have a detailed wiki yet (but we’re working on it) and DCAE isn’t fully supported but you’re welcome to give it a try.

 

Cheers,

Roger Maitland

amdocs-a

Amdocs a Platinum member of ONAP

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@lists.onap.org [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@lists.onap.org] On Behalf Of Viswa KSP
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 10:36 AM
To: HU, JUN NICOLAS
Cc: onap-discuss@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [OOM] Contributing to OOM project

 

Thanks Nicolas. I'll look forward to the invite.

BTW I'm Viswa.

 

BR,

Viswa

 

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 8:03 PM, HU, JUN NICOLAS <jh245g@...> wrote:

Hi BR,

 

There is no separate mailing list in ONAP. We will set a weekly meeting for the OOM project soon. Once the meeting is set, we will publish it on mailing list.

 

Thanks,

 

Nicolas

 

From: Viswa KSP [mailto:kspviswa.github@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:39 AM
To: HU, JUN NICOLAS <jh245g@...>
Cc: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [OOM] Contributing to OOM project

 

Hi Jun Nicolas Hu,

 

We would like to join the efforts of ONAP on Containers initiative. Could you let me know what's the procedure to contribute OOM project. Is there a separate mailing list for OOM project?

 

Pls advise!

 

BR,

Viswa

 

This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,


Re: [openlab][onap-tsc] Nomination Open for Open Lab Subcommittee

Yang Xu
 

+1

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Chengli Wang
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:46 AM
To: onap-discuss@...; onap-tsc@...
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] [openlab][onap-tsc] Nomination Open for Open Lab Subcommittee

 

Dear Open Lab subcommittee members,

 

I'd like to self-nominate for Open Lab subcommittee chairperson position.

I am fully committed to this work and confidence that we can achieve great results and strong support ONAP committee by collaborative work in the community.

 

I am looking forward to work together with all of you.

 

Chengli Wang (from China Mobile), who is the committer of NFVO and Integration Project in OPEN-O committee, is responsible for architecture design, requirements analysis, function implementation. He has over 10 years experience in software development and system integration.

Chengli also undertakes the entire responsibilities of OPEN-O Integration Lab. He lead to setup the first OPEN-O lab in CMCC and guide vCPE(Residential/Enterprise) and VoLTE E2E integration tests for two releases. 

 

Regards,

Chengli

 

2017627日,下午12:24Chengli Wang <wangchengli@...> 写道:

 

Dear Open Lab subcommitters:

 

According to the discussion on the last ONAP TSC meeting, The Open Lab Subcommittee has been formally approved. I would like to solicit self-nominations for the coordinator/chairperson of Open Lab Subcommittee.

Any member of the Open Lab Subcommittee may run for this position.  Please note, to indicate that you are a member of the Open Lab Subcommittee you *MUST* put your name and email address on the Open Lab Subcommittee Wiki page located here: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Open+Lab+Subcommittee

 

The nomination period will end  4:00 AM UTC, Thursday, June 29.

 

To nominate, please respond to this email with your intention to run.

After the nomination period is closed, a voting poll will be set up for vote collection.

 

Thanks and Regards,

Chengli

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


vFW: peer not authenticated in maven project build in cloud-init

Josef Reisinger <josef.reisinger@...>
 

I logged this in JIRA, maybe I get a response faster on the list:
When deploying a vFW demo stack, I get a "peer not authenticated"  error in maven build. The same happens if I try to run the command manually. Anybody to know what is missing?
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.10:get -DremoteRepositories=https://nexus.onap.org/content/groups/staging -Dartifact=org.openecomp.demo.vnf:sample-distribution:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT:tar.gz:hc -Dtransitive=false -Ddest=.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Josef Reisinger


Re: [Modeling]The result of PTL election of modeling project

Parviz Yegani
 

Congrats Deng Hui!

 

Parviz

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of denghui (L)
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:11 AM
To: onap-discuss@...; onap-tsc@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] [Modeling]The result of PTL election of modeling project

 

Hello all

 

I would like to share the result of PTL election of modeling project, Deng Hui is only one candidate and got 17 “+1”

So Deng Hui win this election, thanks a lot for your support

 

Best regards,

 

DENG Hui

 

 

From: denghui (L) [mailto:denghui12@...]
Sent: 2017625 22:42
To: JANA, RITTWIK (RITTWIK) <rjana@...>; alex.vul@...; amir@...; Andreik@...; Arthur@...; brucet@...; wangchengli@...; ethanlynnl@...; donghu@...; ll.gd@...; denglingli@...; zhongheliu@...; zhang.maopeng1@...; ss00473517@...; Lishitao <lishitao@...>; thinh.nguyenphu@...; lxinhui@...; shiyb.gd@...; hanyanan@...; yangyuanwei@...; meng.zhaoxing1@...
Cc: Kenny Paul <kpaul@...>; Casey Cain <ccain@...>; Phil Robb <probb@...>
Subject: ONAP Modeling project PTL election

 

Hello all

 

In order to NOT generating so much traffic in TSC list, I am sending this email to committers and LF only, will close the vote at 8am EDT, June 27th, Tuesday,

will disclose the election result to the TSC list once we finished.

 

Upon closing our self-nomination period, we have only one candidate: Hui Deng

Committers, if you support Hui Deng for PTL, please send “+1”, if you don’t, please send “-1”, if you are neutral, please send “0”

 

Thanks a lot for your kind help

Best regards,

 

DENG Hui

 


Re: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

NOSHPITZ, CLAUDE <cn5542@...>
 

Is there general agreement that direct invocation by (M)SO of any OpenStack APIs, including “extensions” like Contrail, will not exist in R1 due to these functions being encapsulated within Multi-VIM?

 

Thanks.

 

--Claude

 

From: <onap-discuss-bounces@...> on behalf of "Arun Arora (c)" <aroraarun@...>
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 7:07 AM
To: "DAUGHERTY, ROBERT E" <rd472p@...>, "ROSE, DANIEL V" <DR695H@...>, "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: Re: [onap-discuss] MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Hi Rob,

 

Yes, I also understand that the OpenStack APIs are called from Network/VNF adapter.

However, we are still working on the code flow understanding from Network/VNF adapter to above. As you mentioned BPMN calls Network/VNF adapter to do the operations, we now will work on BPMN and above to complete our understanding.

 

Best Regards,

Arun

 

From: DAUGHERTY, ROBERT E [mailto:rd472p@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:30 PM
To: Arun Arora (c) <aroraarun@...>; ROSE, DANIEL V <DR695H@...>; onap-discuss@...
Cc: Gaurav Gupta (c) <guptagaurav@...>; Kapil Gupta (c) <gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: RE: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Arun,

 

Just confirming what said: OpenStack APIs are called directly from the MSO Network/VNF adapter.  The BPMN flow makes calls to the adapter to perform those operations.

 

Rob

 

From: Arun Arora (c) [mailto:aroraarun@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:43 AM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <
DR695H@...>; onap-discuss@...; DAUGHERTY, ROBERT E <rd472p@...>
Cc: Gaurav Gupta (c) <
guptagaurav@...>; Kapil Gupta (c) <gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: RE: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Awesome!!

 

Thanks Danial J

 

 

Best Regards,

Arun

 

 

From: ROSE, DANIEL V [mailto:DR695H@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 7:03 PM
To: Arun Arora (c) <
aroraarun@...>; onap-discuss@...; DAUGHERTY, ROBERT E <rd472p@...>
Cc: Gaurav Gupta (c) <
guptagaurav@...>; Kapil Gupta (c) <gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: RE: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

I believe that flow of calls is correct with the exception of I don’t think they call the contrail method all the time. The bpmn flow either creates a vanilla neutron network or a contrail neutron newwork, I think you have both in one flow. Adding in a MultiVIM layer is one of the R1 goals, and right now there is only direct calls to openstack.

 

That said someone like Rob Daugherty can give you a better understanding of the code if you have more specific qustions

 

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: Arun Arora (c) [mailto:aroraarun@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:29 AM
To: ROSE, DANIEL V <
DR695H@...>; onap-discuss@...
Cc: Gaurav Gupta (c) <
guptagaurav@...>; Kapil Gupta (c) <gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: RE: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Hi Daniel,

 

Thanks for the quick response J

We will check and get back if we have any further queries.

 

Apart from this, is the code flow from Network/ VNF adapter to OpenStack is correct as mentioned below?

Also, we concluded that there is no Intermediate layer between MSO and OpenStack API calls i.e. OpenStack APIs are called directly from Network/ VNF adapter. Can you confirm my this understanding as well?

 

Best Regards,

Arun Arora

 

 

From: ROSE, DANIEL V [mailto:DR695H@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:54 PM
To: Arun Arora (c) <
aroraarun@...>; onap-discuss@...
Cc: Kapil Gupta (c) <
gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: RE: MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Those methods are called from the BPMN workflows that run on the camunda engine.

 

Thanks,

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

 

From: onap-discuss-bounces@... [mailto:onap-discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Arun Arora (c)
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 9:18 AM
To:
onap-discuss@...
Cc: Kapil Gupta (c) <
gkapil@...>; Jyothis S (c) <jyothiss@...>
Subject: [onap-discuss] MSO code flow to OpenStack for Orchestration

 

Hello there,

 

I am writing to discuss about the code flow in MSO to orchestrate the Virtual Resources.

 

Currently, we are trying to understand how the OpenStack APIs are called from MSO for orchestration, and, if there is any intermediate layer in MSO which makes a decision about using the underlying Cloud platform, if there are more than one. However, as per our understanding currently only OpenStack is supported for now.

 

Our current understanding is based on the MSO HLD available in ONAP wiki and static code reading. Following is what we understand and request community’s comments on our understanding:

 

Orchestration Request Flow in MSO - from Network/ VNF Adaptor onwards till OpenStack

  1. MSO has Network adapter and VNF adapter which are used to create Virtual Network or VNF resources
  2. Both Network adapter and VNF adapter call the OpenStack KeyStone and Heat APIs for authentication as well as service orchestration
  3. Following are the major APIs (with filename) called to create Virtual Network or VNF resources

 

MSO Network Adaptor

createNetwork() ------------------------> createNetworkContrail() ------------------------> createNetwork() ------------------------> createStack()------------------------> OpenStack KeyStone & HEAT API calls

NetworkAdapterRest.java                        MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java                                MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java                 MsoHeatUtils.java

 

 

MSO VNF Adaptor

createVfModule() ------------------------> createVfModule() ------------------------> CreateStack()------------------------> OpenStack KeyStone & HEAT API calls

VnfAdapterRest.java                                     MsoNetworkAdapterImpl.java                   MsoHeatUtils.java

 

We would like to confirm our current understanding. Please provide your comments and suggestions on this.

Also, currently we are not clear about the code from the MSO northbound Interfaces to Netwotk/ VNF Adaptor. So, any help on this as well is much appreciated.

 

 

Thanks,

Arun Arora