Topics

Docker images tagging rules for Casablanca #integration #oom #heat #docker

Eric Debeau

Hello

The docker-manifest file is the placeholder to store the Docker images version associated with each release.
https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/resources/docker-manifest.csv

Today, a script developed by Integration team is populating the Heat env file for the Heat based installation.
For OOM, I believe that each project is managing the values in their Chart Helm file, but as far as I know, there is no formal alignment between those values and the docker-manifest file.

I also noticed that there is no "latest" tags in the docker-manifest file

I would like to know the strategy for Docker images tagging for the master branch.

Thanks

Best Regards

Brian Freeman

Eric,

This is a good discussion.

The link you referenced was for the “release” version – at this point its Beijing.

The current development is the “staging” version

https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/resources/docker-manifest-staging.csv

This has the latest tags.

I will point out that some projects bury their tags in their deploy.sh scripts in HEAT (I found this in AAI) and we need to change that practice.

I thought we had an override script for OOM deployments that would set the image versions but I’m not as familiar with this part of the integration environment build process.

https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/scripts/add-images-from-oom.sh

Brian

The docker-manifest file is the placeholder to store the Docker images version associated with each release.
https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/resources/docker-manifest.csv

Today, a script developed by Integration team is populating the Heat env file for the Heat based installation.
For OOM, I believe that each project is managing the values in their Chart Helm file, but as far as I know, there is no formal alignment between those values and the docker-manifest file.

I also noticed that there is no "latest" tags in the docker-manifest file

I would like to know the strategy for Docker images tagging for the master branch.

Thanks

Best Regards

Brian Freeman

Gary would know for sure but I think this script updates helm chart images with manifest.csv values but not sure if its in use.

https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/scripts/update-oom-image-versions.sh

Brian

The docker-manifest file is the placeholder to store the Docker images version associated with each release.
https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/resources/docker-manifest.csv

Today, a script developed by Integration team is populating the Heat env file for the Heat based installation.
For OOM, I believe that each project is managing the values in their Chart Helm file, but as far as I know, there is no formal alignment between those values and the docker-manifest file.

I also noticed that there is no "latest" tags in the docker-manifest file

I would like to know the strategy for Docker images tagging for the master branch.

Thanks

Best Regards

Gary Wu

There are two docker manifests: one for released images, one for staging images.  Each day, we use them to do two sets of deployments: release and staging, respectively.

The way it works for OOM is that we take the helm charts from oom repo master branch, and apply the docker image versions from the respective manifests above for the two sets of deployments.  So, the docker image versions actually checked-in to OOM are overridden during the deployment process.  This means that teams must keep the release and staging manifests up-to-date to ensure that the desired images are used for the daily deployment tests.

Likewise for HEAT.

The actual scripts used by the daily deployments to apply manifest versions into OOM/HEAT are https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/scripts/update-oom-image-versions.sh and

https://git.onap.org/integration/tree/version-manifest/src/main/scripts/update-heat-image-versions.sh respectively.  As we get close to the Casablanca release, I will also use these same scripts manually to sync-up the docker images versions in the OOM and HEAT templates vs. what’s specified in the release manifest.

Thanks,

Gary

[...]

Thanks Brian and Gary for the clarification

I think we should document it somewhere in the wiki.

Best Regards

Eric