Installing a test docker image for SDNC

George Clapp

I'm developing new features for SDNC and am creating a docker image to test the code.  SDNC interacts with other ONAP components, so I want to install the test docker image into ONAP rather than the "official" image at nexus3.onap.org.  I can push the experimental image to docker hub so it's available in a repository.  I tried to do this in a stand-alone installation of just the SDNC image, and it worked by adding these parameters to its values.yaml file.

image:
  repository: <image-name>
  tag: <image-tag>
  pullPolicy: IfNotPresent

imageCredentials:
  name: docker-hub
  registry: index.docker.io/v1
  username: <username>
  password: <password>

My question is how to modify the sdnc/values.yaml file so the experimental image is pulled for sdnc-portal and all other containers are unchanged?  Also, once the chart is updated, is this the correct command sequence to install the updated chart?

helm deploy demo local/onap --namespace onap -f ~/integration-override.yaml  --set sdnc.enabled=false
helm deploy demo local/onap --namespace onap -f ~/integration-override.yaml --set sdnc.enabled=true

George

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>

George,

   Hi, I use this pattern for my logging demo docker container which lives on dockerhub for now and also deploy the helm chart in a separate release but in a shared onap namespace.

   In my case I use the oomk8s account in dockerhub – but you can use your own by changing the repo setting in your values.yaml.

   See the running code in

https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-demo

specifically the build, tag, push script independent of nexus3

https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-docker-root/logging-docker-demo/build.sh

and the oom makefile and helm chart in

https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-kubernetes

repository is oomk8s

https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-kubernetes/logdemonode/charts/logdemonode/values.yaml#n21

image is https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-kubernetes/logdemonode/charts/logdemonode/values.yaml#n33

details on deployment are here

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Developer+Guide#LoggingDeveloperGuide-Deployingdemopod

specifically the demo release

/logging-analytics/reference/logging-kubernetes$ sudo helm install local/logdemonode -n logdemonode --namespace onap --set logdemonode.enabled=true

And associated rest of onap release

/oom/kubernetes$ sudo helm install local/onap -n onap --namespace onap -f onap/resources/environments/disable-allcharts.yaml --set log.enabled=false

/oom/kubernetes$ sudo helm upgrade -i onap local/onap --namespace onap -f onap/resources/environments/disable-allcharts.yaml --set log.enabled=true

Btw: 137000 without power in Ottawa after we had our first Tornado in a couple years – but with the cell tower still up and multiple laptop batteries – I was able to get this out

/michael

[...]

Michael,

I'm continuing to work on this, and I will create a repository oomk8s/sdnc-dev.  Please let me know if that's a problem, and I'll delete it.

Thanks,
George

George Clapp

Actually, it looks like I don't have privileges to create it.  If you create it, will I be able to push an image to it?