Topics

python logging library #log #multicloud #oof #python

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>

Tony,

   Sorry I missed this particular mail. And thank you for your input on the Dublin scope meeting today - https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Dublin+Scope

   For python support in logging – unfortunately I do not have time lately to expand the work we are doing in Java to Python – and the above scope will likely have 50% of the epics as stretch goals for dublin.

   However, the multivim/multicloud team did contribute their pylog library early in Casablanca.

   What I have on this pylog library is to be filed in below

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Developer+Guide#LoggingDeveloperGuide-Python:pylogLibrary

   Shankar of OOF asked the same python support question below

   We should as you suggest bring together all the teams in onap that run python based containers around a common library – like we are planning to do for portal/sdk.

https://lists.onap.org/g/onap-discuss/topic/logging_python_logging/25307286?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,25307286

 Michael O'Brien

Sep 10   #12340

 Hi, good question.  The Multivim/multicloud team (Liang Ke) developed and pushed the python version of the library with MDC.  The python3 and MARKER(label) support was pushed this week.

   I would recommend using their library that they deploy to their 4 multicloud python containers in OOM – we also need a RI demo for python3 to add to our java based container in https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/reference/logging-kubernetes to be able to point to.

   See recent changes from Liang - appreciated

Python3

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/64361/

Markers

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/64933/

   We can work together with the rest of the consumers of the overall spec using various local level 1 libraries (Acumos AT&T/TechMahindra also have python containers, SO, DCAE, Portal/SDK, AAI – java based) to see whether we can leverage the pylog library to goto level 2 for non-java containers.

Spec page

Logback.xml standard (in progress) https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/62405/

Spec and documentation

https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28378955

https://wiki.acumos.org/display/OAM/Log+Standards

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Logging+Developer+Guide (will need a python section)

thank you

/michael

I’ve heard through the grapevine that you’ve been working on a python version of the ONAP logging library. I’m very interested in learning more about it, in particular what its interface will be and how to access it. As a Pythonista, is there any way I can help?

                Tony Hansen

“Amdocs’ email platform is based on a third-party, worldwide, cloud-based system. Any emails sent to Amdocs will be processed and stored using such system and are accessible by third party providers of such system on a limited basis. Your sending of emails to Amdocs evidences your consent to the use of such system and such processing, storing and access”.

Shankar Narayanan

Hi Tony, Michael,

Being a python heavy project, we are very much interested in exploring the Python library. We were hoping to start using it in Casablanca, but the amount of work involved was significant for us to be able to pull it off in this Casablanca. However, we are trying to see if this can be put into our roadmap for the subsequent release.

Thanks,
Shankar.
Shankaranarayanan Puzhavakath Narayanan
Senior Inventive Scientist