[oom] Helm Installation failure

Xin Miao

Hi, Team,

Please help.

After I ran ‘helm del   –purg  <release name>‘  and then ran ‘helm install local/onap –n <release name> --namespace onap’ again.  I received the following error:

‘Error: release <release name> faild: object is being deleted: persistentvolumes “<release name>-dbc-pd-data1” already exists’

Please help.

Thank you and best regards,

Xin Miao

Cloudify Network OSDT

Standard Development Lab

Futurewei Technologies, Inc.

5700 Tennyson Dr., Plano, TX 75024

Phone: 469-277-5884; Mobile:469-268-5226

xin.miao@...

Sangeeth G

Hi Xin,

You can try listing the releases using helm and make sure that the release which you tried to delete is deleted from the list. If its deleted you can retry installing it using same name, else you can give different name while installing.

Best Regards,

Sangeeth G

After I ran ‘helm del   –purg  <release name>‘  and then ran ‘helm install local/onap –n <release name> --namespace onap’ again.  I received the following error:

‘Error: release <release name> faild: object is being deleted: persistentvolumes “<release name>-dbc-pd-data1” already exists’

Please help.

Thank you and best regards,

Xin Miao

Cloudify Network OSDT

Standard Development Lab

Futurewei Technologies, Inc.

5700 Tennyson Dr., Plano, TX 75024

Phone: 469-277-5884; Mobile:469-268-5226

xin.miao@...

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

Michael O'Brien <frank.obrien@...>

Hi,

   You should use Mike’s undeploy/deploy plugin

https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/OOM+Helm+%28un%29Deploy+plugins

   But if you run into any existing artifact (pv, pvc, secret, clusterrolebinding) – run the following in sequence – some of this may be due to the secondary cloudify orchestration

    kubectl delete namespace $ENVIRON
    sudo helm delete --purge $ENVIRON

https://git.onap.org/logging-analytics/tree/deploy/cd.sh#n77

    kubectl delete pv --all

    kubectl delete pvc --all

    kubectl delete secrets --all

    kubectl delete clusterrolebinding --all

/michael

[...]

“Amdocs’ email platform is based on a third-party, worldwide, cloud-based system. Any emails sent to Amdocs will be processed and stored using such system and are accessible by third party providers of such system on a limited basis. Your sending of emails to Amdocs evidences your consent to the use of such system and such processing, storing and access”.