[so] SO Monitoring - Casablanca

Dileep Ranganathan

Hi Seshu/Byung-Woo,

Is the SO monitoring available in Casablanca release OOM deployment? Could you please point me to the Installation/user guide for it?

Thanks,

Dileep

Byung-Woo Jun

Hi Dileep,

Please see the SO Monitoring user guide, that Gareth Roper wrote, https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/SO-Monitoring+User+Guide

If you have any further question, please let us and Gareth Roper know.  Thanks.

BR
Byung

Is the SO monitoring available in Casablanca release OOM deployment? Could you please point me to the Installation/user guide for it?

Thanks,

Dileep

Dileep Ranganathan

I realized that it is available in port 30224 in the OOM deployment. I am getting an error when searching using the default query params in the so monitoring UI.

Is the SO monitoring available in Casablanca release OOM deployment? Could you please point me to the Installation/user guide for it?

Thanks,

Dileep

Rene Robert <rene.robert@...>

+1

I realized that it is available in port 30224 in the OOM deployment. I am getting an error when searching using the default query params in the so monitoring UI.

Is the SO monitoring available in Casablanca release OOM deployment? Could you please point me to the Installation/user guide for it?

Thanks,

Dileep

Prateek Gupta

I'm facing the same error.
I checked the logs on so-monitoring pod in the directory /app/app/logs, but no logs were generated.

I also tried the same request through POSTMAN where i'm getting 200 OK response but not getting list of active request.
Below is the request and response.
Request:

Response:
<application xmlns="http://wadl.dev.java.net/2009/02">
    <doc xmlns:jersey="http://jersey.java.net/" jersey:generatedBy="Jersey: 2.25.1 2017-01-19 16:23:50"/>
    <grammars/>
    <resources base="http://so-monitoring:30224/so/monitoring/">
        <resource path="v1/search">
            <method id="getInfraActiveRequests" name="POST">
                <request>
                    <param xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="from" style="query" type="xs:long"/>
                    <param xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="to" style="query" type="xs:long"/>
                    <param xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="maxResult" style="query" type="xs:int"/>
                </request>
                <response>
                    <representation mediaType="application/json"/>
                    <representation mediaType="application/xml"/>
                </response>
            </method>
        </resource>
    </resources>
</application>

eoin.hanan@...

Hi,

Could everyone who is running into this issue please make sure they are working with the most recent Casablanca deployment. A port change was pushed on the 21st of November (https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/73270/), this could likely be the issue.

Secondly could you make sure that so-monitoring is defined the etc/hosts file.

If neither of these fixes work, if using Chrome could you press Crtl + Shift + I or if using Firefox press Ctrl + Shift + C, and select the console option at the top of this side panel that emerges. Please send me on the relevant error messages and I can take a look at it.

Prateek Gupta

Hi Eoin,

Thanks for replying.
When i'm compiling your change i'm able to see multiple war in so-monitoring directory.
But in so-monitoring pod i could see only one jar that is app.jar
Can you please tell how to bundle into a single jar.

Also is there any image already in nexus repository with you patch? which i can directly use.
In my current OOM deployment i'm using:- image: onap/so/so-monitoring:1.3.3

Regards,
Prateek Gupta

Eoin Hanan <eoin.hanan@...>

Hi Prateek,

SO Monitoring consists of three different maven modules (so-monitoring-ui, so-monitoring-handler, so-monitoring-service). Once SO Monitoring service is compiled it creates an uber-jar, with all the dependencies and is bundled into a docker image as app.jar.

The image that you are using should be updated with the required changes, so there shouldn’t be any issues there.

I see you have created a Jira relating to this issue (https://jira.onap.org/browse/SO-1335), one of my colleagues is working on that, could you reproduce and attach the logs as specified in the Jira.

Regards,

Eoin Hanan

jkzcristiano

I have recently installed OOM Casablanca (this week) and I am experiencing similar issues.

As Prateek, no logs in so-monitoring container:

ubuntu@rancher:~/oom/kubernetes$ kubectl exec -it dev-so-so-monitoring-5cc77fd797-q8k84 -n onap -- sh
/app # ls
MONITORING          certificates        start-app.sh
app                 config              wait-for.sh
app.jar             logback-spring.xml
ca-certificates     logs
/app # cd logs/
/app/logs # ls
/app/logs # ls
/app/logs # cd ..
/app # ls MONITORING/
audit.log    debug.log    error.log    metrics.log
/app # cat MONITORING/audit.log
/app # cat MONITORING/debug.log
2018-12-08T13:18:07.454Z|| o.o.so.monitoring.rest.api.SoMonitoringApplication - Starting SoMonitoringApplication on dev-so-so-monitoring-5cc77fd797-q8k84 with PID 17 (/app/app.jar started by so in /app)
2018-12-08T13:18:07.458Z|| o.o.so.monitoring.rest.api.SoMonitoringApplication - Running with Spring Boot v1.5.13.RELEASE, Spring v4.3.17.RELEASE
2018-12-08T13:18:07.459Z|| o.o.so.monitoring.rest.api.SoMonitoringApplication - No active profile set, falling back to default profiles: default
2018-12-08T13:18:14.249Z|| o.o.so.monitoring.rest.api.SoMonitoringApplication - Started SoMonitoringApplication in 8.024 seconds (JVM running for 8.628)
/app # cat MONITORING/error.log
/app # cat MONITORING/metrics.log
/app # exit

In addition, I had the same issue as Dileep but it can be solved by:

1. add <ip> so-monitoring entry in ect/hosts (wiki)
2. disable CORS in browser (how-to)

Hope somebody may kindly help with (this issue)

Kind Regards,

Xoan

Eoin Hanan <eoin.hanan@...>

Hey jkzcristiano,

Due to CORS issue the call was never getting to the backend, which is why there weren’t any logs created. So if you have sorted out the CORS issue, then the logs should be created just fine.

I am currently working on Jira relating to this issue (https://jira.onap.org/browse/SO-1335), which will sort out the CORS issue without a plugin being required.

Anyways thank you for all that info.

Regards,

Eoin Hanan