Topics

#integration #policy Broken policy-csit-health suites in Jenkins #integration #policy

Lasse Kaihlavirta

Hi,

policy's health csit suite has started failing in both master and casablanca jobs:

https://jenkins.onap.org/view/policy/job/policy-master-csit-health/1660/

https://jenkins.onap.org/view/policy/job/policy-casablanca-csit-health/177/

apparently due to this change: https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/c/85700/
(as part of https://jira.onap.org/browse/TEST-141 - I also asked about these under the ticket)
i.e. eteutils has been moved under robotframework-onap subdirectory.

This raises some questions:
- change in python-testing-utils master broke a casablanca CSIT test. Should run-csit.sh (or something else in the execution procedure) be improved to ensure that CSIT execution in branches remains stable?
- is fixing that casablanca job any kind of priority at this point?
- is someone already aware of and working on (any of) these?

...also, the very latest master job (https://jenkins.onap.org/view/policy/job/policy-master-csit-health/1661/) is running into some version incompatibility problems that prevent the execution even getting to robot test phase (I haven't taken any deeper look at that one, anyone know what's going on there?)

br,

Lasse Kaihlavirta

Pamela Dragosh

For the Casablanca failure, the Integration team should take a look at the Casablanca branch. Perhaps there is some code pulling in from the master branch getting the environment confused thus causing the failure. Since 3.0.2 is scheduled to be released today, the policy jobs can be removed. But perhaps I’ll leave it open so Integration can fix their branch. They may run into the same problem for Dublin.

The other master failure is due to multiple issues. One, we had contributions from the CIA project to update our images using a common alpine image. The merge jobs are now broken as well as the CSIT will need updating to support this. The team is also working on cleaning up the CSIT due to our new components and are moving scripts around. Unfortunately, these can’t be done in one shot.

Pam

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>
Subject: [onap-discuss] #integration #policy Broken policy-csit-health suites in Jenkins

[...]

thanks Pamela,

  • Perhaps there is some code pulling in from the master branch getting the environment confused thus causing the failure.

Yes, there is – run-csit.sh always pulls and installs python-testing-utils from master regardless of the branch of the integration-csit doing the pulling.

  • They may run into the same problem for Dublin.

This is certainly a problem in Dublin as well. Fix is simple though, the setup.py has moved under robotframework-onap along with the rest of the content and the pip install command in run-csit.sh should be adjusted accordingly.

br,

Lasse

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>

[...]

Sorry,

run-csit.sh is already fixed in Dublin and master now for the added robotframework-onap dir. I just couldn’t find any such change linked to TEST-141,

br,

Lasse

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>

[...]

One more sorry :P

It’s not fixed in any branch yet, I was accidentally looking at my own local correction when I thought I looked at fresh Dublin and master branches.

Is someone going to do this as part of TEST-141 or should I commit it myself?

br,

Lasse

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>

[...]

Brian Freeman

Problem as Lasse pointed out is the the run-csit.sh doesnt pull a particular branch and hasnt been updated with yesterday’s change to the location of the setup.py for the utilities.

Dan R can you take a look ?

Brian

Casablanca csit

  97 # install eteutils

  98 mkdir -p ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap

  99 rm -rf ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite

100 git clone https://gerrit.onap.org/r/testsuite/python-testing-utils.git ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite/python-testing-utils

101 pip install --upgrade ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite/python-testing-utils

102

Master csit

  97 # install eteutils

  98 mkdir -p ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap

  99 rm -rf ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite

100 git clone https://gerrit.onap.org/r/testsuite/python-testing-utils.git ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite/python-testing-utils

101 pip install --upgrade ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite/python-testing-utils

102

Likely change requied:

101 pip install --upgrade ${ROBOT_VENV}/src/onap/testsuite/python-testing-utils/robotframework-onap

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>

[...]

Daniel Rose

I talked with lasse, he has the fix and I will merge it.

Daniel Rose

ECOMP / ONAP

com.att.ecomp

732-420-7308

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM
To: "onap-discuss@..." <onap-discuss@...>

[...]

to be exact, I provided the fix for the added subdirectory only. The question of checking out proper branch of python-testing-utils from run-csit.sh still remains unresolved (should a separate ticket be raised about that?)

br,

Lasse

From: <onap-discuss@...> on behalf of "l.kaihlavirt@..." <l.kaihlavirt@...>
Date: Thursday, April 25, 2019 at 7:32 AM

[...]

[...]