Topics

#integration #documentation vFirewall Use Case documentation #integration #documentation

Lasse Kaihlavirta

Hi,

as was mentioned in Integration weekly meeting today, the latest (yet unpublished?) document version of vFWCL demo steps in integration master (dublin doesn't seem to be branched yet) is missing the instantiation of the vFWCL altogether.

- is that being added yet?
- Casablanca version https://docs.onap.org/en/casablanca/submodules/integration.git/docs/docs_vfw.html?highlight=firewall uses ete-k8s.sh instead of demo-k8s.sh script for this (and I haven't seen any change for this in latest master of the actual oom/kubernetes/robot where these scripts are), why is that so?
- also, the actual robot tag that was used is instantiateVFWCL as opposed to instantiateDemoVFCWL used in automated tests in CI: http://onapci.org/logs/windriver-release-daily/9/report.html

Are there any reason for these differences, and if not, are they being consolidated for Dublin (or El Alto?)

br,

Lasse Kaihlavirta

Brian Freeman

DemVFWCL uses the Demo customer so its not a full regression like instantiateVFWCL which creates a new customer and onboards a new model for each onboarding.

The original intent was for instantiateVFWCL to onboard, distribute, instantiate and delete the VFWCL use case. Over time we found value it having it keep the VMs up for testing so it basically replaced instantiateDemoVFWCL.

Happy to have help if you are volunteering to work on the documentation and cleanup.

Brian

[...]

ah so “DemoVFWCL” does not actually refer to VFWCL demo use case as such but to Demo customer? Therefore the automated test is also not really building up to run the whole demo arch (even though it partially tests the same functionality)?

Should the execution of instantiateVFWCL be moved to demo-k8s.sh? (There are some curious overlaps between ete-k8s.sh and demo-k8s.sh that could maybe be improved but I’ll come to that separately)

We are still finalizing offline installer testing and documentation for Casablanca and I’m somewhat hesitant to touch latest documentation until we’ve done these things ourselves on Dublin, but in principle I’m certainly interested to update any documentation as soon as I know how it needs to be changed,

br,

Lasse

[...]

Michal Ptacek

Hi,

we just published our notes from vFWCL on Casablanca offline platform

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/gitweb?p=oom/offline-installer.git;a=blob;f=docs/vFWCL-notes.rst;h=690b6dc9ec3c19cc225f6f495c8711b098f91008;hb=refs/heads/casablanca

hope it can help also people struggling with vFWCL in online ….

Best regards,

Michal