Topics

How to sequence vf-module creation in case of multiple vf-modules in VF. #integration #modeling #sdc #so #heat

ashwini.ah@...

In our usecase, VF has multiple vf-modules. It is similar to vcpe-infra service where it has AAA, DHCP, DNS as vf modules.

Is there any mechanism/solution to control the vf module run time activities in defined order i.e. example creation of AAA, DHCP or DNS in order.

Currently vf modules creation in vCPE infra service depends on entries from CSAR file.

Brian Freeman

Not sure this is what you are looking for but robot has mechanisms to control the sequence of VNF instantiation through the service_mapping tables.

If you run that test case you will see how the screens on VID (and corresponding SO APIs) can be used to sequence the instantiate.

Its quite tedious so we need a better method but it does allow the automation of the instantiate for complex services like vFWDT where there are 5 VM’s split across two types of VNF’s ( two instances of one of the VNFs) .

Check out the service mapping tables for vFWDT – it is an order list of VNF’s to instantiate per “service” and there is an name_index is used to modify the vnf name.

Testsuite/robot/resources/test_templates/vnf_orchestration_test_template.robot calls this to get the list of VNFs  - not that vFWDT is composed of 2 VNF’s that testsuite calls services for historical purposes (vFWDTvPKG VNF and the vFWDTvFWSNK VNF. vFWSN VNF has two VF’s (vfw and vfwsnk)  but in vFWDT we also instantiate two instances of the VNF so that we can move traffic between vfw1 and vfw2 as part of the traffic distribution test.

${vnflist}=   Get From Dictionary    ${GLOBAL_SERVICE_VNF_MAPPING}    ${service}

This reads the ordered list of vnfs to instantiate per the service.

Demo/service_mapping/vFWDT/service_mapping.json

"GLOBAL_SERVICE_TEMPLATE_MAPPING":  {

    "vFWDTvPKG": [{"isBase" : "true",  "template" : "vfwdt_vpkg_preload.template", "vnf_index": "0", "name_pattern": "base_vpkg"}],

    "vFWDTvFWSNK": [{"isBase" : "true",   "template" : "vfwdt_vfwsnk0_preload.template", "vnf_index": "1", "name_pattern": "base_vfw"},

                                       {"isBase" : "true",   "template" : "vfwdt_vfwsnk1_preload.template", "vnf_index": "2", "name_pattern": "base_vfw"}]

   },

Like I said probaby not what you are looking for but perhaps will fill in some gaps.

Brian