How to deploy a DMaaP cluster? #dmaap #deployment

Zhuangyang Chen

Hi there.

I want to build a DMaaP cluster for integrating with SDC or some further use (ONLY want to use MR).

And I found some useful guides from wiki, which is DMaaP Deployment Guide - Dublin and DMaaP Edge Deployment

According to those links, should I have to deploy modules in this sequence? AAF -> AAI -> DMaaP -> DCAE

Or could I simple use Maven build for deploying, and re-modify some configurations to run as a cluster?

Best Regards, Zhuangyang

UNNAVA, SUNIL

Hi,

To deploy the DMaaP, AAI and DCAE are not required. DMaaP MR depend on the AAF, so AAF has to be deployed before DMaaP. Deploying using the Helm charts are the  recommended way of deploying any ONAP project. If you want to quickly deploy the MR and test you may use the docker-compose.yaml. Please go through the following documentation for details.

https://onap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/submodules/dmaap/messagerouter/messageservice.git/docs/Installation/Installation.html

Thanks,

Sunil

I want to build a DMaaP cluster for integrating with SDC or some further use (ONLY want to use MR).

And I found some useful guides from wiki, which is DMaaP Deployment Guide - Dublin and DMaaP Edge Deployment

According to those links, should I have to deploy modules in this sequence? AAF -> AAI -> DMaaP -> DCAE

Or could I simple use Maven build for deploying, and re-modify some configurations to run as a cluster?

Best Regards, Zhuangyang

Dominic Lunanuova

Zhuangyang

I updated the DMaaP Edge Deployment page to remove the references to AAI.

If you desire to use Authenticated Topics in MR, then you will need the AAF component.

By default, MR deploys multiple kafka pods (i.e. a kafka cluster).

We use helm to deploy, not maven.

-Dom