From: onap-discuss@... <onap-discuss@...> On Behalf Of satish kumar via Lists.Onap.Org
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:29 PM
To: onap-discuss@...
Subject: [onap-discuss] Not able to browse SDC Service Models in VID #Dublin #vid #sdc #dublin

Hello Team,

I have deployed ONAP Dublin version on bare metal and it went successful after few trials. I have executed robot script (./ete-k8s.sh onap health) to do health check and all the component is passed in this test (test result attached). Then I have executed robot script (./demo-k8s.sh onap init) to distribute services and it also went successful. Additionally, I have manually created and distributed a vFW service (snapshot for distributed services are attached).

However, when I login into VID and tried to browse the SDC Service Models it not showing any distributed service (snapshot attached).

Please suggested how to debug this issue.

Many thanks,
Satish

satish kumar

Hi Stern,

Thanks you for your replay. When I distrusted the service, the output was "distribution successful". I am able to monitor the distributed service as well (snapshot attached for your kind perusal).

Regards,
Satish

Brian Freeman

A few things to check.

  1. Look at the robot details for the health check and make sure that SDC is reporting DMaaP Up
    1. This means that SDC can publish to DMaaP
  2. Open up your distribution in SDC as op0001 and look at the Monitor function
  3. You need to open up the distribution and make sure SO has marked the distribution ad DISTRIBUTION_COMPLETE_OK
    1. You should see entries for all the subscribers to the distribution
    2. Open them up and look for errors in the details
  4. If you suspect a problem run ./ete-k8s.sh onap healthdist and then you can also look at robot details but the SDC GUI is nicer.
  5. SO updates A&AI with the distribution complete ok status after:
    1. AAI , SDNC and SO successfully indicate DEPLOY_OK
    2. No other subscriber marks as DEPLOY_ERROR before SO detects those three as DEPLOY_OK
  6. VID queries A&AI for models that are in DISTRIBUTION_COMPLETE_OK to display the models with DEPLOY buttons
  7. You can also check that query yourself but its more likely that AAI or SDNC are detecting an error.
  8. The Redeploy button on SDC can also be used to re-distribute
  9. If its an AAI problem we have a sporadic situation where the data load in the common cassandra does not succeed
    1. https://jira.onap.org/browse/AAI-2508

Brian