Mount Netconf Server (eNB) which doesn't support yang on APPC #frankfurt #appc

saboohi.dhawan@...

Hi,

I wish to perform Netconf Mount of a 4G RAN node (eNB) on APPC. My eNB port doesn't support yang. Can someone please provide information regarding how to proceed further with it?
It's capabilities are :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hello xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
   <capabilities>
      <capability>urn:ietf:params:netconf:base:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:ebase:0.1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:ebase:1.1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:ebase:1.2.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:ebase:2.0.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:writable-running:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:rollback-on-error:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:notification:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ericsson:com:netconf:action:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ericsson:com:netconf:heartbeat:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:netconf:operation:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:interleave:1.0</capability>
      <capability>urn:com:ericsson:netconf:notifications-aggregation:1.0</capability>
   </capabilities>

Regards
-Saboohi

Brian Freeman

Not sure what you mean by not support yang.

No yang models available for your eNB or doesn’t support get-schema ?

If no yang models then you cant use the RESTCONF interface on ODL and will have to build a custom adapter to use ssh into the device and create your own xml payload and xml parsing outside of the ODL netconf.

Perhaps one of the Ericsson folks can provide more help on how they have integrated their devices with APPC/SDNC/ODL in other projects.

brian

[...]

Hi Brian,

The node that I am working on doesn't support monitoring and doesn't speak yang. It uses an Ericsson proprietary model.

Can you please point me to some documentation for clarification on following parts:
1. Building a custom adapter
2. Mounting eNB on APPC without going to ODL. Customizing the behavior of APPC here.
3. Linking my own xml with an api call since RestConf can't be used here.

Regards,
-Saboohi

Brian Freeman

Look at the appc

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/gitweb?p=appc.git;a=tree;f=appc-adapters/appc-netconf-adapter/appc-netconf-adapter-bundle/src/main/java/org/onap/appc/adapter/netconf;h=abe8eeb555316abffdf63850c8c9c558d6d50415;hb=refs/heads/master

appc-netconf-adapter.

It uses a java ssh library to establish a session, negotiates the hello sequence and then pushes an xml payload to the device.

It is not a netconf mount nor does it enforce any capabilities exchange but it is a method to emulate using an SSH client and copy/paste config updates.

I don’t know how it is exposed to the outside though so some investigation would be required – at one time this was how the policy api into APPC worked but not sure if all the hooks are still there.

It might be worth checking with the CDS team as well since they may have a lighter weight netconf solution via ansible that might work as well.

Brian

The node that I am working on doesn't support monitoring and doesn't speak yang. It uses an Ericsson proprietary model.

Can you please point me to some documentation for clarification on following parts:
1. Building a custom adapter
2. Mounting eNB on APPC without going to ODL. Customizing the behavior of APPC here.
3. Linking my own xml with an api call since RestConf can't be used here.

Regards,
-Saboohi

Brian Freeman

Besides those methods there is an sshapi call node in the SDNC sli but I suspect that is for one shot ssh exec not for negotiating the netconf protocol.

https://gerrit.onap.org/r/gitweb?p=ccsdk/sli/plugins.git;a=tree;f=sshapi-call-node;hb=refs/heads/master

Brian

The node that I am working on doesn't support monitoring and doesn't speak yang. It uses an Ericsson proprietary model.

Can you please point me to some documentation for clarification on following parts:
1. Building a custom adapter
2. Mounting eNB on APPC without going to ODL. Customizing the behavior of APPC here.
3. Linking my own xml with an api call since RestConf can't be used here.

Regards,
-Saboohi

MALAKOV, YURIY <ym9479@...>

+ Vivek

Saboohi,

Vivek has created a wiki page on the Netconf POC he was working within the CDS Project. Please review it and let me know if it helps with your use case.

NOTE: CDS has a Kotlin/Python Script component that will allow you to execute any workflow action against a network function to push any content such as XML/CLI/JSON/YAML.

Wiki Page https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/PNF+Simulator+Day-N+config-assign+and+config-deploy+use+case

PNF Netconf Gerrit: https://gerrit.onap.org/r/c/ccsdk/cds/+/112288

Yuriy Malakov

ONAP/ECOMP SA/SE