need for clarification: ONAP Design-Time terminologies

nour

Hello,

I am a Master student at Concordia University. I recently started diging up into ONAP. I have some knowledge about NFV and ETSI MANO and I am used to their terminologies. However, ONAP terminolgies isn't very clear for me.

Could you please expalin to me what are VSPs and what is the difference between VFs and VNFs.

Thanks.
Best,
Nour Gritli

Kanagaraj Manickam

Hi Nour,

Welcome to our community ONAP.

VSP is vendor software products like OpenStack heat templates with all required environment files. Its basically building block of VF.
VF - Virtual function is model used in ONAP to represent the same VNF in ETSI.

Model is like Service instance will have set of VNF (VF) and each VNF is made of VF modules (directly means the Heat template in the VSP). Once you import VSP into VF, the heat templates in VSP will be modeled into VF module.

Hope this would help you and pls let us know if you need more information. Thank you.

Regards
Kanagaraj M
Be transparent! Win together !!

本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person  or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not   limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is  prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!