Topics

ONAP - first steps

Dalton C G. Valadares <dalton.valadares@...>

Hello.

We are analyzing the possibility of using ONAP in one project. I would like to know what you recommend as a starting point. Is there some basic tutorial to deploy the basic components of the architecture and perform some tests? Is there some step-by-step with docker images, for instance, like the provided by the OpenBaton community?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Dalton Cézane Gomes Valadares
PhD Student in Computer Science - UFCG/Embedded
Professor - IFPE Caruaru

Nowak, Damian (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) <damian.nowak@...>

Hi!

I think, a good start is this:

https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=71838891

Just go thru the guides in there, left-to-right.

You`ll see there as well links to more detailed descriptions (eg there is a link to installation description in the set-up guide for vDNS using CDS).

Hope it helps.

Rgds,

Damian

We are analyzing the possibility of using ONAP in one project. I would like to know what you recommend as a starting point. Is there some basic tutorial to deploy the basic components of the architecture and perform some tests? Is there some step-by-step with docker images, for instance, like the provided by the OpenBaton community?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Dalton Cézane Gomes Valadares

PhD Student in Computer Science - UFCG/Embedded

Professor - IFPE Caruaru

Dalton C G. Valadares

Thank you, dear Damian.

I saw the hardware requirements (https://docs.onap.org/en/dublin/submodules/oom.git/docs/oom_cloud_setup_guide.html#cloud-setup-guide-label) and I am wondering if there is a more basic deployment scenario, in which I can test ONAP in a PC, for instance, with 8-16 GB of memory.

Best regards.

Dalton Cézane Gomes Valadares
PhD Student in Computer Science - UFCG/Embedded
Professor - IFPE Caruaru

We are analyzing the possibility of using ONAP in one project. I would like to know what you recommend as a starting point. Is there some basic tutorial to deploy the basic components of the architecture and perform some tests? Is there some step-by-step with docker images, for instance, like the provided by the OpenBaton community?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Dalton Cézane Gomes Valadares

PhD Student in Computer Science - UFCG/Embedded

Professor - IFPE Caruaru

Nowak, Damian (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw) <damian.nowak@...>

Hello,

Well, running a complete ONAP installation on a laptop might be diffuclt.

We`re using about 100 vCPUs in our environment to run ONAP.

There are some users running on as low as 25 vCPUs, that is still 12+ physical cores with Hyper Threading.

You can try to see, if You`d be able to run certain ONAP projects stand-alone (e.g. DCAE platform + DMaaP).

Still, if You`d like to orchestrate a VNF, then You need as many components are mentioned in the link shared before.

Perhaps, some public cloud could be of use?

Rgds,

Damian

http://nok.it/onap